how to get a boilie onto a d-link rig

lazz

:?:shock::roll::twisted:

A Hair rig and a helicopter rig? Think you're confusing yourself! The Helicopter is a Lead set-up with a rig at an angle to the mainline. A hair rig is basically any Hook with a piece of line coming off to attach the bait to.

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

Description and picture in there :wink: , but I'll explain it again.

Tie a Uni knot at the end of a piece of line and put pop-up into the loop you have created. Pull tight. With the other end tie it as tight and as close as you wish it to be to the Ring. I tend to use 3 or 4lb Mono for the line as I can blob melt the tag end of the knots to stop them coming undone.

If you decide to use a Bottom bait under the pop-up (snowman) on a D-rig put that on the "hair" before you tie the line to the Rig Ring

• 2 weeks later...

Or...

You can tie a loop in a bit of mono that is the same length as the diameter of your bait and just use the loop onto the rig ring (threaded through itself to secure it) and hair rig the bait to the loop as normal.

Thats my preferred option cos I find it easier, but probably not the textbook way to do it! lol

same principal as dorset, but I sometimes use a small pellt band looped through the rig ring. with a hard pop up if you stretch the band through the pop up until you can just see it poking out the other side, theres no need for a bait stop. I wouldnt do this with a soft boilie, but then you prob wont be using them on a d rig.

Take a paperclip and a pair of pliers. Cut a small section of the paperclip off so you are just left with a small "U" shaped piece of metal. Put this through the rig ring on the "D" and then push it into your pop up. Very secure and couldn't be simpler (does add a touch of weight to the pop up thus reducing boyancy so no good for say the hinged stiff link....but very useful for counterbalancing pop ups - play around with legnth of "U" shaped metal).