Running or bolt

tomdavpedley

running or bolt  

21 members have voted

1. 1. running or bolt

• bolt
    • running

The one that works on the water I'm fishing. Whatever is is.

In-Lines are a form of Semi Fixed Bolt Rig, so stop nit-picking. lol;)

Running Lead gives better sensitivity if fished properly and Bolt Rigs hook the fish in theory before you get to the rod.

https://forum.carp.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12118

This thread has plenty on it

i use the run rig mainly now but thing i found with the bolt you lose your lead half the time this reeally gets on my nerves.:D :D

Humpy,

If you are fishing a water with no snags and very little weed you don't need to fish with a Korda or other Lead Clip where the Lead can come off. The Lead Clip does not make it a Bolt rig...

As I say on the other Thread you need to understand why you are fishing a particular set-up and why it works.

The Size of the Lead I use on A bolt rig depends where/how far I'm fishing.

On a Running Lead I nearly always use 3-3.5oz of Lead. I know my rods can cast that and that much lead stays on the Lakebed when a Carp takes.

If i'm Bolt Rig/Semi fixed fishing up to about 30yards then I'll use 2oz, more distance than that I'll go up to 2.5-3oz.

I also check Lead shape, depending on whether the Carp are in the swim when I cast.

Different shaped leads make different noise underwater. Trilobes tend to flutter down to the bottom, whereas a Zipp/Distance Lead will bomb down and create a lot of noise underwater