sandwell valley pool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

mostly seen people feeder fishing on swan pool but that was ages ago, cant remember what baits was being used.

As for the pool on the park ive not seen anyone fishing it for years ( dunno if you still can? ) , like i said before ive seen carp in there last year in the summer lots of times, if you park by the steps when you walk up them youll have the pool infront of you, walk round to the left corner ive seen good heads of carp about 30 mt out from the bank.

• 4 months later...

swan pool myths and legends ...i fish sandwell regulary for carp pike and tench and in winter for the big roach its my local pool.ive had to date 20 carp with my muka moz untill he joind up and went to iraqu and can say the biggest was 24 we called it spike as it had a spike on dorsal fin where it had been torn over 7 years i have never seen a picture of a thirty lol or anything above 25 but always heard of them being caught i live up the road and know the lake inside out i even went over it with an echo sounder with ricky the old life guard,my biggest pike and i have had a few is 26 from the original part of the lake .the way to fish it is to not pile in the bait as it attracts smaller fish then the pike move in ,ive had the pike attack tench ive been hauling in.chick peas and corn and bread have accounted for alot of the carp i have had and i have the photos :D though a mate ov mine and old reg pete now in aus used snails and alsorts..if you were aloud to fish the old monastry pool up in the woods that does hold two very big carp upper 20 prolly bigger but dont get caught lol.all in all a thinkers venue and not a bagging place .

• 1 month later...

i have only fished it once and blanked up until now i did a 3 night session dwn there i blanked the first night but on the second night i had 3 fish a 12 17.9 and a 15 it was a great exciting night the fish were all mirrors i couldnt believed it everyone was telling me it was a waste of time but they was wrong because on the third day i had about 7 there were5 bream and twoo carp yet again mirrors the weight was 4.9 and 11.14 anyone want to have a session up ther e thanks i also have images. the fish were in good condition too

its not always that easy jord trust me i live next to it ,that lake can break your balls it does have its days, pleanty o new lads fish there now and have some good fish prolly cos over the last 10 years the bait bin goin in, but i have known ppl sit on it for a week with nothing ,well done on your catches an achievment on a pool like that,,,,,,, :D

• 3 weeks later...

cheers mate i went up last weekend i only had a bream pellets paste corn boilies wasnt working so i thought ill have a go on a potato hair rigged lol first cast lol 8 pound brilliant :D i like hard places like that because i know it always pays of to catch lol im finding that an open end swim feeder is working and i use a hair rigged 14 mm single pellet with a little pva bag in i wack it straight to the island. can you aficially night fish it because no baliffs ever been round when i was there lol cheers all. :D tight lines.

hi all i went up sandwell valley on the weekend i was useing a open end feeder pop up corn on the hook. I only had one run lol. The fishing aint poor there i think if you have patience and you know what youre doing then eventually you with have a few, too many bream showing a man a few pegs from me had a good en looked the 9lb mark to me. i might do a few more nights up there if anyone fancies it ??.

anyway

tight lines...

nice one jord there is a bloke fishes on the pegs next to the concrete ,ron he picks up the odd carp on swimfeeder when hes going for the tench ,i have found boilies are hit and miss there as there is a load of natural bait ,if you run your hands under the concrete there are hundreds of mussles and the weed you bring back is teeming with insects , i think winter fishes better there but thats just my opinion