sandwell valley pool

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a lot of storys about sandwell valley ,a mate of mine reckons hese had a 28 out on a prawn ,then there was the one fish being taken out and killed for food ,but theres carp in for sure

And most of them bad. :cry:

It's a bit notorious. I certainly wouldn't fancy doing a night there, or leaving my car on the car park when it's not daylight!

Not trying to put you off, but someone was shot dead just over the road and a bit further down on the car park there, a couple of years ago. Think the police described it as "drug-related".

As far as the fishing is concerned, I used to coarse fish there a long time ago, and I saw some large 'shapes' in the water by the reeds on the right hand side of the 'island'. In the channel. I spoke to three guys who had done a night on there in the winter of 2006/2007 and they'd been told by the Park Ranger that there were carp to mid twenties in there. It was bitter cold, and they hadn't had a run all night, and they were waiting to be picked up.

Make of this what you will, but they were moving their gear to the car park in turns. One in the car park, one at the pool, and one carrying the gear from the pool to the car park!

Phil

I have not done as much as i would like the last 2 seasons but i always have a walk around, there are a couple of regulars on there at the weekends but they don't tell you alot, i have caught from the bay as you walk onto the pool to your left and from the sandbanks round towards the island. I have had my fish on boilies along with loads of bream and tench. :D

fished there myself over the last couple of seasons, started my season off last week with a 48 hour, had no carp but pestered by bream. things have improved up there, the car park has been revamped to stop idiots congregating on there. there is definatly 20s in there as my mate has caught a few (leather carp 28lb 4oz)

the fishing is hard though

Had a walk round the lake yesterday evening there was a bloke packing up who reckons he knows to 2 twentys coming out in the last week (how true i dont know) but someone else has told me the same.

Apparantly the chap how caught the carp was fishing the sand bank near the island both on pop-up corn, also had a load of tench and bream.

Hope this helps anybody who is fishing there soon.

Hopefully i will be doing a 48 in 2 weekends time. :D

i had a walk around the pool yesterday looking for a likely spot and the just before the island looks a decent peg ,also i had a chat with a bloke who fishes it on a regular basis and he reckons sombody had a 29 out ,but i dont work wed,thursday and friday so if you want to do a 24 hour sesion let us know

i will hopefully be doing 18,19 & 20 april (if her indoors lets me) :wink:

Im fishing baylis in telford this saturday not through choice but the lad i fish with loves the pool and its only fair as i always drag him down woden road and up swan pool. If anyone is fishing sunday let me know and i will pop up. :D

i aint a big fan of baylis the chap that owns it is a idiot and he shows you pictures of fish when flaires and platforms where in fashion.he told me last summer a chap round the pool had landed a 30lb mirror so i went round to talk to him and it turned out it was a 23lb mirror, it aint the pool just the idiots :roll:

i will see if i can book wed 16 &thur 17 april off work if fancy doing sandwell valley :?: