wich hook size

matthewpickwell

TBH though, in my opinion, like most things in carp fishing, there isn't really a fixed answer to this, it depends on snags in the lake, how rig-shy the fish are, buyancy of the bait etc etc. There are thousands of variables

fish are very rig shy and theres no snags

and there sensas pop ups

wich hook size should i use for a 10mm pop up?

Take your pick of sizes from a size 6 up to size 12.

As long as the rig does what it is designed to do, and you can get the carp to take the bait then whatever size you want to.

A 10mm pop-up on a size 6 may look unbalanced, but if the Carp haven't seen it before then it may well catch.

wich hook size should i use for a 10mm pop up?

Take your pick of sizes from a size 6 up to size 12.

As long as the rig does what it is designed to do, and you can get the carp to take the bait then whatever size you want to.

A 10mm pop-up on a size 6 may look unbalanced, but if the Carp haven't seen it before then it may well catch.

cheers :)

hard question to answer as a size 8 of one brand might be a size 10 in another but generally as small as you can reasonably get away with as a compromise between strength and finess,sorry cant be of much more help :D

thats what i was thinking korda 12 to me looks like e.s.p 8

I have noticed this before as well, miffed me a bit at first till I realised when I got home and compared and realised that I wasn't going mad!

hard question to answer as a size 8 of one brand might be a size 10 in another but generally as small as you can reasonably get away with as a compromise between strength and finess,sorry cant be of much more help :D

thats what i was thinking korda 12 to me looks like e.s.p 8

I have noticed this before as well, miffed me a bit at first till I realised when I got home and compared and realised that I wasn't going mad!

There doesn't seem to be any universal size comparisons. Different hook manufacturers often use different gauges. In some cases different tackle brands get the same hooks and even then a size 8 in one is the same as a 6 in another and they come from the same factory. :?

I wouldnt use any other hook than a size 10. I match my hooks to the size of bait im using, irrespective of what size fish im after. I would rather have balanced tackle than something that doesnt look right, i think its down to confidence.

My old man says im too much of a perfectionist but what can you do?

I wouldnt use any other hook than a size 10. I match my hooks to the size of bait im using, irrespective of what size fish im after. I would rather have balanced tackle than something that doesnt look right, i think its down to confidence.

My old man says im too much of a perfectionist but what can you do?

thanks tony :):)

Hi mate its only my personal choice but a size 10 korda wide is a really good size for 10ml pop up and puts me loads of fish on the bank also try cutting a 12ml down to a stick shape this has been catching me 4-5 fish a day on a tricky runs water where most peaple were on 1 or none keep them buzzers buzzing :shock:

Hi mate its only my personal choice but a size 10 korda wide is a really good size for 10ml pop up and puts me loads of fish on the bank also try cutting a 12ml down to a stick shape this has been catching me 4-5 fish a day on a tricky runs water where most peaple were on 1 or none keep them buzzers buzzing :shock:

cheers mate :D:D

Is there such a thing as a tricky runs water? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?