Rig tube length

bilse

Rig tubing has different functions 1:-as an anti tangle device and as such never needs to be much longer than your rig.and if you are using monofilament hooklenths then you may not need it at all,therby reducing the amount of "stuff" around your end rig.

2:-lead sleeves

3. protection against damage from snags/gravel bars etc

here are some reasons to take into account when using tubing,remember every fishing situation is different and every rig should be tied to be the most appropriate for that set of circumstances ,

And of course to protect the fish from the line lifting scales or causing other damage.

Thats an argument in itself. I have never had a scale lift off when not using tubing. You dont use tubing for your floater fishing and no one says anything about that.

Exactly, i said something about that aswell, i think it was in the leader or not thread :?:)

And of course to protect the fish from the line lifting scales or causing other damage.

Thats an argument in itself. I have never had a scale lift off when not using tubing. You dont use tubing for your floater fishing and no one says anything about that.

Unfortunatly Tony, i have.

Lot in the thread that Tony has mentioned. Will admit I've not had the problem of Line lifteng scales either.

My tubing tends to be about 5cms longer than the Rig in most cases.

If I want to camouflage the end tackle, or protect the line against snags, gravel or flint though it can be as long as 1600mm