a1 pits newark

Guest Anonymous

if you do a search you will find some stuff about it.

if you read one of the posts you should be looking out for the fish a lot....

ill get the thread for you

hi, havent fished it since last oct there aint that many fish coming out from what i hear. if i was you i wouldnt fisf pit 5 for a while as when we had the floods not long back and the trent spilled into there i would go for pits 3 or 6 depending on what ur after.just my thoughts on it. im off down there bank holls can't wait good luck mate if you need to know anything pm me

• 4 weeks later...

Thought i would bring this thread back up instead of Writing up another one.

Has anybody fished this place recently?, Im looking for a new challenge but have no information on the size of the pits or fish stock. i've checked their website however my membership activation email has not come through yet so i cannot access all of it.

GlenW if you went how did you get on?

alright mate,

fished the pits quite alot,

depending what your after pits 2 and 3 offer the best chance of a run (my mate had a mid double common off the top on sunday on pit 2 while it was snowing!!)

pit 4 is bream, bream and more bream to doubles with a few elusive carp, then there is pit 5 and 6 with the biggest carp in the complex, 6 is easier than 5 but the biggest carp are in 5.

if you look on the a1pits website under the download section there are pics of 6 when it was drained giving you an idea of the bottom, features etc etc

good luck for the trip

Thanks for the info woods_1985, to be honest mate i'm the sort of guy that doesn't mind putting the time in to catch a decent (size or looking) fish so i think i will end up fishing pits 5 and 6, wouldn't mind getting that two-tone gracing my net. You wouldn't by any chance know how big pits 5 and 6 are would you?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
dug this up from the past :lol:

i fancy doing some time on the pits this coming year (2010)

i have heard the pits suffer from trouble at times, like tackle theft, dont know if this is true though

is it still same price for 24 hours :?:

Dont think its true mate, heard a few talking on another forum and they were local lads, rumours of pikeys n wot not. I would say no more risk than the next place really. not sure on pricee though im afraid.

Might see you down there in 2010.