Help !!!!!!

addictedangler08

after a quick glance in an old mag I think its called a leader knot.

there are a fair few ways to do it mate just search 'combi-rig' in google and im sure you'll get a few lists.

failing that just look in any carp mag new /old as i guarantee they cover it over and over and ooovvverrr again each month :roll::lol:

Use what works for you!

I have moved this into Rig Tying section of the forum

If you look in the Rig Tying sticky at the top of the section:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

there are pics of rigs tied on Braid, Amnesia, Coated Braids (which can be fished as a combi link, just strip some of the coating back near the hook) and some Combi Links.

Also this link at the top of the section gives a link to various Animated knot tying:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25551

I tend to stick to Braid or coated braid for nearly all of my fishing. It is what gives me confidence and it works for me, although I do have some combi links.

If you type in Shockleader knot as a search I am sure that there is a diagram somewhere as I remember posting the pic myself! (probably on the thread Using a Shockleader safely)

Here you go. :wink:

Excellent, I've just got some Flurocarbon as i wanted to try something different with my rigs. Ive tied a couple just with that, but the combi rig in that video looked like a good idea. Thanks for posting it :D

Im still pretty new to carping so am willing to try anything at the mo to see what works best for me.

Ive just had a bash at tying one, & for a first go im pretty pleased. I guess the proof will be in the fishing tho :wink:

I used ESP 18lb 'Ghost' Fluro, Kryston 25lb Merlin braid & a Nash TT 'Fang' size 6 hook.

Combirig.jpg

Cheers Tony, not bad for a first try :D

(Whats a line aligner tho, shrink tube? :? )

@ Charlie, I have no idea what the knots called lol, I just followed the guy in the youtube vid that Seleb posted. Watch it once to see what you need, then get your gear together and try it along with the vid. Just pause it on the fiddly bits like the knot tying :wink:

Cheers Tony, not bad for a first try :D

(Whats a line aligner tho, shrink tube? :? )

@ Charlie, I have no idea what the knots called lol, I just followed the guy in the youtube vid that Seleb posted. Watch it once to see what you need, then get your gear together and try it along with the vid. Just pause it on the fiddly bits like the knot tying :wink:

Go to the Sticky mentioned at the top of the Rig Tying section. If you look through the pics there are some showing a Line Aligner. The Hooklink material comes out of the front of the Tubing over the eye. The Tubing I usually use is either fine silicon tubing or Shrink Tube. Available from various Tackle Manufacturers, or from an Electronics Shop