Valdore Lake 4

mrdevon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to have to tell you but it is by far and away one of the worst lakes I have ever fished. :oops:

Fished it in May last year. It was supposed to have only 20 stugeon in it, that being the case we must have had them all twice.

Between the sturgeon and the grass carp it was difficult to keep a bait in the water for more than 15-20mins.

It was stuffed with weed even though they had removed some the week before we got there. They were going to close the lake the week after we left so as to remove more.

The guys at the bar (managers) were nice enough guys but they lie through their teeth about the stock and how the place is fishing.

I hope that things are different this year for you but somehow I doubt it. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Ive heard that the weed problem has been sorted now mate so you shouldnt have to much problem. I fished lake 4 the first year it opened and between me and my wife we had 52 fish to 27lb. We did have a number of sturgeon in that figure but only about a dozen. If the weed has been sorted then you will be in for some busy times mate.

lake 3 is a crackin lake... fished it last year. the near side bank seemed to be the most productive.. two going methods, large bed of particles, sit on it and wait for the hoards of carp to move in... or a scattering of boilies a rod length out from the bank between pegs 19 and 20 (the double swim on that side)... going boilies at the time were shelf life nash classic strawberry and nash scopex I think.. some nice fish in there to high 40's, possibly 50 but the majority are 20's and low 30's. clear lake bed with a few features.. to the left of 19 is a distinct drop off about two rod lengths from the left bank.

Ive fished lake 3 three times so far and really enjoyed each time. Ive had loads of fish from there up to mid 30's. There are no real features in the lake with the exception of the margins. The fish love bait so dont be afraid to put it in. My favourite swim is peg 20, it has nice deep margins and plenty of water to fish to. You also have access to the unpegged right end of the lake which is a good fish holding area. My tactics are to put a big bed of bait out in front of me about 40-50 yards out and fish 2 rods on it, a third rod goes against the right margin and a 4th is a roamer rod fished with PVA bags fished to the left of the baited area.

Dont forget to take some tigers and maize with you as they love them.

Have fun mate and im sure you bag a few.

• 3 weeks later...

As Scotty says above we fished lake 3 in September and if lake 4 is the one over the railway lines the weed on that lake was right upto the surface and covered most of the lake!

The dutch fellas fishing the lake packed up and went home early in the end as they lost any fish they hooked as they stood 0% chance of landing anything through all that weed.

Also, they all had to double up on swims as there was only 1 or 2 spots that they could place a bait into.

The people who run the complex are pretty good though and if there is space on one of the other lakes they are usually ok about people moving.

Lake 3 was definately the most productive of all the lakes there !

Beware the STURGE !

I dont understand why the owners didnt tell us when we was booking that it was full of weed? Surly this means its gunna be a crap trip and there name will be effected. Why not of just closed it until problem is sorted?

God i hope the whole lake aint choked with weed in 3 weeks all me mates are goin on it and im goin on lake 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Two days to go till im off to lake 3 so when i get back will give a full write up on the place as i realy struggled to get info. Many thanks to pellethead who was a great help. Cya soooooooon :D

tight lines moosh, hope you haul,

let us know how you do, as i quite like the look of this place aswell

Two days to go till im off to lake 3 so when i get back will give a full write up on the place as i realy struggled to get info. Many thanks to pellethead who was a great help. Cya soooooooon :D

tight lines moosh, hope you haul,

let us know how you do, as i quite like the look of this place aswell

Pompey pb... you wouldn't have owned a team of Huskies in a prvious life by any chance would you? :lol: