Bait???

carpmandan

Hi all going france at end of March but constantly keep changing my mind on what bait to take, so hopfully you guys can help me choose.

The lake will have just been opened from the winter period and the owners have been feeding them parti mix comprising of tigers, hemp, maize over winter (so they say)

So would you either take aload of this parti mix, or take boiles or maybe small amount of both. The only thing with taking small amount of one kind means if its a winner i will only have enoth for 3 days??

Also just how much should i be looking at taking over for that time of the year for 1 weeks fishing. Any help would be greatly apprecieated

a mate of mine went in may or june for 10 days and between 6 of them they

took 50kg of boilies with them! :o But then again he still has a handfull left now!

also, they USED UP £120 worth of PVA between them!

it was summer though so fish would have been feeding more obviously.

dont know what the weather is like out there though :D

good luck :D

Always take maize or see if you can buy it on site as its cheap as owt and carp love the stuff(about £7 25kg), the same with parti blend cheap and the carp love it (about £8 25kg(well pigeon conditioner which is pretty much the same but has a few bigger seeds in it), you can take boilies, feed maize and parti blend with a hand full of boilies over the top and fish a rod on each and see what the carp are into :wink:

Fish with what you are comfortable with.

Even better if you can fish with what you catch fish on in UK, you are already confident on it (in theory). Take, and/or buy over there, particles and also boilies.

Also have a word with the Lake Owners and try to get an honest answer on what the Carp are usually caught on. Some owners sell boilies on site (maybe a bit expensive though), but if you can find out who makes them you can get some before you go.

If you want a large amount of pellets/particles andor boilies look up the Bait and Feed co.

Type that in as a search and I've posted a web address in the past somewhere :wink: