Will this work?

icemaster

I was messing about at home with some bits and peices over the weekend in readiness for a session on Thursday.

I started to tie some rigs and this is what I came up with.

A combi rig with about an inch of IQ soft to the hook with the hair attached to the hook at the far end bent of the hook with silicon tube and linked to Nash trigga link with the joint being covered in critical mass, I will be using a 10mm dumbell bottom bait. All contected to a shocka rig

My think behind it is that the IQ is fair stiff and will be difficult to eject, plus with the hair leaving the hook at the bent the weight will be over the point.

Any advise?

Ive seen combi rigs made the same way with IQ and braid featured in the mags. Julian Cundiff wrote about them 2 winters back and he was using pop ups for bait. The putty was on the join between the IQ and braid and because of the stiffness of the IQ, it ensured that the hook was at the correct angle to catch the inside of the carps bottom lip every time.

I'm trying to decide whether Triggalink is a genuine edge, or just another gimmick, I think I'll have to get some to try it out, as it seems like a good idea in principle

A similar rig is printed in this months CARPology, and from the Nash website, their suggestion is using it with a combilink of 1 in of armourbraid to the hook

Trigga - I don't know if it give you an edge or not but as you say it works in princple and I've caught on it so I know it works

I've used the combi rig from the Nash web site but armobraid is more supple.

I'm hoping that using IQ that is a bit stiffer and will be harder to eject

The only way to find out if a rig works is to try it and compare results with your usual rigs.

Preferably on a water where you will get plenty of runs. Be aware though that Carp feed differently on different waters, so what works on one water may not necessarily work on another.

One of my Runs waters I can catch fish on basic braid rigs, but get complicated then the Carp don't get caught.

There are few Combi rigs pictured in the Rig Tying Sticky, some with swivels in and some with a straight knot join, although most are with a Stiff Upper section and a supple last mini-link.

I was messing about at home with some bits and peices over the weekend in readiness for a session on Thursday.

I started to tie some rigs and this is what I came up with.

A combi rig with about an inch of IQ soft to the hook with the hair attached to the hook at the far end bent of the hook with silicon tube and linked to Nash trigga link with the joint being covered in critical mass, I will be using a 10mm dumbell bottom bait. All contected to a shocka rig

My think behind it is that the IQ is fair stiff and will be difficult to eject, plus with the hair leaving the hook at the bent the weight will be over the point.

Any advise?

any pics to explain better?

i wouldn't use it with a shocka rig or any rig where the lead is running. it sort of takes away the whole idea of using trigga link, and doesn't get the best out of the material.

I'm trying to decide whether Triggalink is a genuine edge, or just another gimmick, I think I'll have to get some to try it out, as it seems like a good idea in principle

A similar rig is printed in this months CARPology, and from the Nash website, their suggestion is using it with a combilink of 1 in of armourbraid to the hook

I use my own version of this, based on frank warwicks recoil rig, ie supple braid at around 8-10" inside a four" peice of silicone tube but with a stiff right angled boom pinning the hook to the bed with a critically balanced bait fished blow back, for certain situations and it has proved itself eight times on seriously riggy fish this year. :wink: