Coated braids

zander1

I favour Super mantis. I have tried a few of the others and felt they weren't as good for various reasons.

Mantis for me too, although I do use SnakeBite at times.

Mantis is the Braid one and Snakeskin is Multi Strand.

SnakeBite is also good and again a braided inner.

I dont used coated braid, a sheathed fluorocarbon for me

Rig Marole hydrolink 15lb in black

Really rate it :D

Courtz, i've heard good things about the Rig Marole hydrolink. I've been thinking about try the green verison out next season, it's just i've been using Mantis for a long time and i'm thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I like the thinking behind it and have got on well using it, I'm not too keen on the green version, as it seems too green if you get me. I've found that the grey/black blends in to almost all lake bottoms.

The exposed braid bit is very supple, as there will be none of the coating holding the starnds together.

I can back that on hydrolink its good stuff, struggled having confidence in it at first because i was used to using kryston (swapped to korda for 6 months and i now have nightmares about it so im not too confident when it comes to choosing hooklinks other than kryston now)