what end tackle?

mick28

Right Mike, have been having a look through at various websites;

1. Keep it simple, as the last guy said - do what you would do in England.

2. It is reported that there are not may snags in the lake, so no real need for safety clips etc.

3. Lots of people have told me that there are hundreds of carp under 10lb in the lake, and a good way of going for the bigger fish is to avoid spodding and large beds of pellet. Try just feeding large boilie and don't be afraid to use very large boilie for the hook.

4. Catcherbaits boilies seem to do well and have some kind of partnership with the lake I believe.

I'll continue scouting around for info as I want to try to get as much help as possible to ensure we make the most of our time over there. Will let you know what I find!!

P.S

would be grateful for a catch report when you return as I am going in May!

Right Mike, have been having a look through at various websites;

1. Keep it simple, as the last guy said - do what you would do in England.

2. It is reported that there are not may snags in the lake, so no real need for safety clips etc.

3. Lots of people have told me that there are hundreds of carp under 10lb in the lake, and a good way of going for the bigger fish is to avoid spodding and large beds of pellet. Try just feeding large boilie and don't be afraid to use very large boilie for the hook.

4. Catcherbaits boilies seem to do well and have some kind of partnership with the lake I believe.

I'll continue scouting around for info as I want to try to get as much help as possible to ensure we make the most of our time over there. Will let you know what I find!!

P.S

would be grateful for a catch report when you return as I am going in May!

Hi Pete.

1. Yes keep it very simple, no complicated rigs are need on the Rushes, I use 15lb line, size 6 or 8 hooks, double boilies or snowman rigs.

2. There is only one set of snags in the lake and thats from a fallen tree which is near to the swim called Bluecamp, when I fished there the other week, Kim & Iain were on about cutting this back, but I have fished this swim twice and never had a problem or had a fish swim towards it.

3. On this point you have been badly misinformed, at the end of last season the lake was netted (this is a very common event on lakes in France) and mostly all the smaller fish were removed, I have fished their twice since the netting, once in June and caught only 2 fish under 10lb, thats not bad considering the other 33 fish I caught which all came in the day as I don't fish nights on this lake were all between 16lb and 29lb, my mate who was on the opposite bank with his brother did not catch any small fish and between them they caught 77 fish up to 28 I think but I will check on that for you.

4. Yes catcherbaits do supply Rushes Lakes with their own boilie range, Frank and I were at Rushes the other week filming a Dvd, when he was there he was field testing the new baits for Rushes, I was using the Scopex squid, he caught miles more than me and was very impressed with the lake and the setup, so much so that he has booked to go back with some of his customers, so if you want some advice about the baits or how it fishes on Rushes you could ask him, type Catcherbaits into a google search and you will find his website, on it is his phone number, he will be more than happy to speak with you.

If you want to know anymore then just drop me an email or pm

Thanks

John

i have booked to fish at rushes lake in france,could anybody who has been there give me an idea of what end tackle i should take

Can I suggest you PM mrs_rusheslake about advice on the lake.

She runs/owns the water, and is very helpful regarding what has been workking on there.

There is also a Post on the Fisheries in France Sticky at the top of the section that she put up about the Lake.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info to all.

Still 6 months till I go and can't wait! Already thinking about tying up rigs!!!

Interesting to hear that lots of small carp have been taken out, makes me think that a large bed of bait maybe a good idea for a weeks fishing.

Any chance of knowing what the new bait was that was beeing trialled? My bet is it was Polar Bears!?