Bait boat and deeper

48 minutes ago, Gazza81 said:

Ive got a deeper, i just bought a bait boat, im now skint for this month, is there a reason i cant tow the deeper using braid instead of buying a mount? 

Just for now of course :)

I used my Deeper Pro with my Cheaper bait boat, I crimped both ends of about 2ft of 35lb Korda Boom, 1 end had a quick change swivel on to attach to the deeper mount, the other end went through a hole (small) I made in the rear hopper, and I towed it along. 

4 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

I used my Deeper Pro with my Cheaper bait boat, I crimped both ends of about 2ft of 35lb Korda Boom, 1 end had a quick change swivel on to attach to the deeper mount, the other end went through a hole (small) I made in the rear hopper, and I towed it along. 

How did you attach it at the boat end?

Think im going to do the same but will have to drill a small hole at the back of the boat, unsure how im going to attach the mono though 

1 hour ago, Gazza81 said:

How did you attach it at the boat end?

Think im going to do the same but will have to drill a small hole at the back of the boat, unsure how im going to attach the mono though 

Made the 2 loops either end, drilled a hole through the hopper (with a small drill bit), just big en enough for the boom to go through, then I passed 1 loop though and then looped 1 loop through the other....

Screenshot_20240405_202350_Gallery.thumb.jpg.48a56a05d3306dfb92ddfd226b3cfd6b.jpg

Green loop through the hole, pull the blue loop through the green loop (had the quick change swivel for the deeper) then I attached deeper and off I went, then when finished, removed it then used boat as needed for baiting and dropping rigs.

Screenshot_20240405_202828_Chrome.thumb.jpg.11a7b387acb40cf11f5b116c63943cd8.jpg

Brilliant thanks, ive had a play and come up with this,20240405_204447.thumb.jpg.f51e2af85f0ab91d34441ac729ec3e01.jpg

i used a metal straw and 25lb mono through the middle, it seems to pull the deeper at a good angle where as just the mono would tilt the deeper.

think I'll crimp a key ring loop to the back of the boat for quick change.

might just stick with this if it works, do like saving me a few quid

20 minutes ago, Gazza81 said:

Brilliant thanks, ive had a play and come up with this,20240405_204447.thumb.jpg.f51e2af85f0ab91d34441ac729ec3e01.jpg

i used a metal straw and 25lb mono through the middle, it seems to pull the deeper at a good angle where as just the mono would tilt the deeper.

It could also lose you a few quid if that mono snaps or frays against the metal, I did attach my deeper with braid for a while but quite frankly it slowed the boat right down with drag and could tangle with the line you are trying to send out and that can be a right chore as you can't drop the rig because it's snagged on the deeper and by the time you have it back it's a tangled mess or you've got line round the prop. If I was you I would look at the boat specific options and save on hassle. 

31 minutes ago, Gazza81 said:

I wouldn't use mono, need something stiffer like a Wire Trace or even Boom.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

I wouldn't use mono, need something stiffer like a Wire Trace or even Boom.

Its 25lb amnesia? No good? Its pretty tough but i know you're saying , over time it will frey i guess.

Edited by Gazza81

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It could also lose you a few quid if that mono snaps or frays against the metal, I did attach my deeper with braid for a while but quite frankly it slowed the boat right down with drag and could tangle with the line you are trying to send out and that can be a right chore as you can't drop the rig because it's snagged on the deeper and by the time you have it back it's a tangled mess or you've got line round the prop. If I was you I would look at the boat specific options and save on hassle. 

Ive got rubber beads inserted inthe ends of the straw so it should be ok for now anyway, I'll test it later see how it works