Breaking down landing nets

• 3 months later...
On 21/03/2024 at 10:31, MRVIIX said:

Hi

Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes or more to dismantle my landing net has anyone got any tips to make this quicker ?

I have a y shaped spreader by saber

.tia

Not for nothing, but I just broke my second Sonik VaderX Landing Net in the exact same spot (the Y cross bar) trying to put it together/take it apart

I really hate them🤬

4 hours ago, Joe Quinn said:

Not for nothing, but I just broke my second Sonik VaderX Landing Net in the exact same spot (the Y cross bar) trying to put it together/take it apart

I really hate them🤬

I'm not a fan of Sonik tackle full stop!

Too many problems with rod rings, and lastly the weld on a chair that I don't think made 3years.

I have been through landing nets over 30years, and there are a couple of manufacturers who stand out for landing nets that last:

Gardner Tackle, I think the current standard is the GTN.

Rod Hutchinson Sceptre Landing Net 42inch. The first fish i landed in it was a 30lb common, and its usually the first of my two I set up. Easy to set up, and to take apart

Fox Warrior 42, brilliant, still in use, although had a number of new meshes fitted. It always seems to be easier to pop open on one arm to get get it out of the spreader.

I did have a Nash Outlaw landing net, yep, me praising a Nash item.

Why oh why do manufacturers replace a good item with often inferior newer versions?

12 hours ago, Joe Quinn said:

I really hate them🤬

Never had a problem 

using one or your arms between spreader block and arms push them out so they are straighter and with the other hand pop one landing net arm out leaving the other in 

sounds more difficult than it actually is 

I’ve got some really pony spreader blocks and never snapped one YET

Edited by framey