Farm Lake

buzzardstubble

• 3 weeks later...

Farm Lake Review

The Bailiff Tony was very helpful, he also cooks an excellent english breakfast & evening meal. There are charging facilities for bait boats, etc with English mains sockets in the lodge available at all times.

Two sides of this lake are not available to paying anglers because they belong to the French residents of the homes and caravans. The so called “bailiffs swim” gets harassment from the French at weekends. There is a vast amount of weed in this lake. You will definitely need a bait boat as most of the fish are around the island (Tony has some for rent on site), and he can supply you with boilies and particles at a very reasonable price.

The facilities are unisex. There are 2 showers at 2 euros a go, 2 euro piece only, there are 4 toilets, 2 English style and 2 French style, there is no toilet paper supplied, you have to bring your own. There are 6 wash basins, cold water only. Rubbish bags - you have to supply your own. The campsite facilities are shared by all the French caravan owners and other residents of Farm Lake and Lac de Passion which boarders onto Farm Lake and is run by the same bailiff. I wore flip-flops in the shower - I wasn’t sure what was on the floor!!

There is no security on the lake, anyone from the caravan site or Lac de passion or basically anyone who wants to come onto the site can walk around past your bivy (we locked our passports in the car)

There are two supermarkets and a petrol station not too far away.

The fishing had been slow since May we were told, all the French lakes are not fishing well! Maize seems to be the best bait on this water.

I was disappointed with this venue gave it 5 out of 10 could do better, with most of the points going to Tony’s cooking. This is my personal view, others may find it ok. In future I want to see pictures of the facilities of any venue before I consider a booking.

your review sounds close to what i had when i went a few weeks ago,was the circus still there at the lake,they were letting the lion out during the day on a chain to stretch its legs,it was a pain roaring all night,agree about the weed,there website says it has a clear bottom,gravel and silt,all we found was weed,only a few swims available and the bailiff had one of them,wish some people would put the truth on there w/sites instead of letting us find out when we get there,???

From whats been said it sounds awful, paying good money to share the lake with french holiday caravaners, a circus near by, poor facilities?

I dont see why people see the need to travel overseas to experience good fishing in the first place certainly not to put up with venues like this one sounds?

Mind boggling :?

Looking at the last comment,it says quite a bit about farm lake that one of the operators of the lake decides to fish elsewhere,"nuff said" as the saying goes!!! :oops::oops:

Not true!!! Most of us fishery operators like to fish other venues if and when we get time, which I don't these days, unfortunately!! Having met Peter, a really nice and genuine guy, operates a different set up to my own, not being hands on! All a matter of choice!!