Thoughts on fish finders?

Hey everyone,

I've been considering getting a fish finder for my fishing trips, but before making a purchase, I wanted to gather some opinions and insights from fellow anglers. I have a few questions regarding fish finders and would really appreciate your input.

What are your thoughts on fish finders? Have you found them to be effective in improving your fishing experience?
How do you typically use a fish finder? Are there any specific techniques or settings that you find helpful?

Thank you all in advance for your contributions!

6 hours ago, Dave812 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been considering getting a fish finder for my fishing trips, but before making a purchase, I wanted to gather some opinions and insights from fellow anglers. I have a few questions regarding fish finders and would really appreciate your input.

What are your thoughts on fish finders? Have you found them to be effective in improving your fishing experience?
How do you typically use a fish finder? Are there any specific techniques or settings that you find helpful?

Thank you all in advance for your contributions!

I've got Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro on my Baitboat, works a treat.  Yes it does show fish but more useful for showing bottom contours, firmness and weed.  Have also used Lowrence including the Active Target version for predator fishing, that's brilliant!

Most of the time having the additional technology makes no difference to the areas you'd choose to fish, we largely find the same features leading about, however seeing the depths in chart form might make you reconsider your spots on occasion, seeing fish also might.

For finding presentable ground in areas that cannot be cast to its a game changer!

I only change the depth range on mine, only because I don't know enough to worry about other settings, all seems fine to me as standard.  Maybe I should re-visit the manual, I could be missing out I guess.

• 4 weeks later...