Bolsena Lake

AmBullz

Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I look forward to getting to know a few members on here, I am from Essex and because of my work I found that if I did not book a carp trip abroad then I never went fishing, I started off around 15 years ago fishing in France and I will go on 3 or 4 trips a year now, however I have had a change of heart as I get older and I no longer want to chase personal best weights and I would like to fish large lakes and rivers and no doubt catch less fish but feel a sense of achievement with everything I do catch, one place that I would truly love to go is lake Bolsena and its been on my wishlist since reading Bill Cottams behind the rods but I am having trouble find any information with regards to depths to fish or known fish holding areas etc. I am not trying to take short cuts as I am prepared to put in the hard work but it is quite a large water and I feel that heading there with no knowledge at all would not be good. I have recently converted a van into a motorhome to help me spend more time fishing and allow me to access some beautiful waters to fish but again I am not sure what the law in Italy is with regards to this sort of thing. If anyone has had any experience that they can share with me it really would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, AmBullz said:

Hi Guys, I am new to this site and I look forward to getting to know a few members on here, I am from Essex and because of my work I found that if I did not book a carp trip abroad then I never went fishing, I started off around 15 years ago fishing in France and I will go on 3 or 4 trips a year now, however I have had a change of heart as I get older and I no longer want to chase personal best weights and I would like to fish large lakes and rivers and no doubt catch less fish but feel a sense of achievement with everything I do catch, one place that I would truly love to go is lake Bolsena and its been on my wishlist since reading Bill Cottams behind the rods but I am having trouble find any information with regards to depths to fish or known fish holding areas etc. I am not trying to take short cuts as I am prepared to put in the hard work but it is quite a large water and I feel that heading there with no knowledge at all would not be good. I have recently converted a van into a motorhome to help me spend more time fishing and allow me to access some beautiful waters to fish but again I am not sure what the law in Italy is with regards to this sort of thing. If anyone has had any experience that they can share with me it really would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum, Alas I can’t help you but sounds like a exciting Journey πŸ‘

Hi Golden Paws, thanks for this, in a way it has helped as I am now more determined than ever to get to Bolsena. Also I never really thought about fishing such a distance from the bank with such huge leads which seems obvious now when I think about it but never had crossed my mind before. Thanks for sending me this link it has provided me with a bit more insight to the place and the spark inside seems to be burning brighter, plus it gave me a welcome break from work for half an hour.πŸ‘