Syndicate

They all seem to have a long waiting list at the moment, I've recently put my name down on one that has a 3 year wait minimum, 

If nothing else it my be worth getting your name down for the future, I was planning to make this year my last on the syndicate I am on, but I won't be giving up my ticket until something else comes up, 

it's very hard to get on a syndicate these days due to so many newish anglers coming into carp angling if you haven't already got a foot through the gate when asking to join there is very little chance of getting a ticket it's not just about fishing, syndicates are a very unique place from the outside some look clicky, they are not, just very closed knit until the other anglers can see why you are there. 

honestly when I first joined the one I am on I was a bit taken back by the guy that runs the place I very nearly walked away but then again I was being a bit forward asked about hot pegs when on a first visit work party, the answer was blunt lol, he is a nice guy very fair and well aware of tittle telling sulky anglers he text me some advise the last few times i was out plus like most anglers they do like to talk about where and how they had the good ones out. 

i'm wirral based mate, i'm not in any syndicates at the moment and i've only ever been in 2 my entire life, i got into both because current members knew me personally for a long time and put me forward, unless one of your mates reveals he's a member of one and gives you an 'in' you're unlikely to succeed.

having said that there is the odd water around that's run on a more commercial basis, raby mere springs to mind ;)

19 hours ago, Steve D said:

Afternoon everyone. I'm trying but not very successfully to find a syndicate water around Chester, Wirral, North Wales area.

There are a few I know of which have long waiting lists or I cannot get any response from. Does anyone know of any please?

It can be very difficult to access any information about the NW region in particular.

If you are prepared to travel your options increase significantly but I’m guessing you already know that!

go down there a few times mate, see if you can have a chat with someone fishing, 

4 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That seems true unfortunately mate.

Raby Mere seems to be a very close group, I've tried contacting them multiple times, on their Facebook page people ask all the time how to become a member or get on the waiting list but get no response.

they have an insta account as well, you could try that but i reckon they get a lot of enquiries and the guy will no doubt be fed up of answering them, my advice is go down there and loiter around for a while, see if you can catch him yourself, or one of the members, they might have a contact number, nothing works better than face to face ;)

one of my mates got in there first time of asking, he bumped into the owner and got a ticket straight away, it's not a difficult place to get a ticket for.

club/season tickets are good water parks that sort of thing or one i fancy and anyone can get is the stanwick season ticket think it's 250 for the year you get both mallard and swan on that plus the general angling lakes just a shame swan is so close to the 45 some really nice leather carp in there.

fair few guys from up north travel down.