Applying Fabsil To Bivvy

I’m wanting to Fabsil my Chub Cyprus 1 man bivvy and overwrap but I’m unsure of how much I will need and what’s the best way of applying it? Comes in 1l/2.5l/5l - how much will I need?

Is it better to ensure it’s clean and dry and sponge it on or put it in a spray bottle and wipe it?

Any help or tips appreciated!

8 hours ago, CarpingCraig said:

I’m wanting to Fabsil my Chub Cyprus 1 man bivvy and overwrap but I’m unsure of how much I will need and what’s the best way of applying it? Comes in 1l/2.5l/5l - how much will I need?

Is it better to ensure it’s clean and dry and sponge it on or put it in a spray bottle and wipe it?

Any help or tips appreciated!

I done mine last summer I put my dome out the back set up gave it a good wash with a light soapy water let it dry   Then get a 2 1/2 put some in a spray bottle use an old toothbrush or new paintbrush spray a little patch brush in circular motion I found best do a little at a time it takes two coats but well worth it mucka 

5 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I done mine last summer I put my dome out the back set up gave it a good wash with a light soapy water let it dry   Then get a 2 1/2 put some in a spray bottle use an old toothbrush or new paintbrush spray a little patch brush in circular motion I found best do a little at a time it takes two coats but well worth it mucka 

Brilliant help this mate thank you! I’ve ordered 2.5l of it on Prime and I will apply in a spray bottle and get a cheap paintbrush and do it that way!

Fingers crossed it will stay nice weather this week!

On 29/03/2021 at 13:18, CarpingCraig said:

Brilliant help this mate thank you! I’ve ordered 2.5l of it on Prime and I will apply in a spray bottle and get a cheap paintbrush and do it that way!

Fingers crossed it will stay nice weather this week!

No problem at all. It’s worth checking the seam tape inside too as often this needs replacement. It’s cheap enough online, just a bit of a pain ironing it is all lol

Fabsil Gold, as it restores color lost from the sun UV also.... I tend to give it a full clean 1st, let it dry, then mix a full 2.5ltr bottle with 1tr water, then start top to bottom like washing a car, circular motions with a sponge, making sure the seems definitely have a good soaking, 

Edited by Highy

15 hours ago, Highy said:

Fabsil Gold, as it restores color lost from the sun UV also.... I tend to give it a full clean 1st, let it dry, then mix a full 2.5ltr bottle with 1tr water, then start top to bottom like washing a car, circular motions with a sponge, making sure the seems definitely have a good soaking, 

That's exactly how I do it, too. I once watched a demonstration of reproofing a tent whilst at a camping/caravanning show. This was the technique used.

Ian.