baitrunner reel recommendations ?

Hi i'm looking to get a new set of reels - with the baitrunner feature, i have 3 Windcast Z5500 big pit reels with the quick front drag, sold my old Shimano 8080's 2yrs ago n wish i'd have kept 'em now. 

My budget rules out the expensive stuff so no point suggesting the £150+ reels like the Shimano XTB Longcast - medium in those would be great, but a bit too expensive at the moment. 

So i'm looking at the Fox EOS 10000 and EOS 10000 Pro, Sonic Vader X FRS 10000 pro or the Shimano DL's in 10000 size...or are there others i don't know about ?  Any of you guys got experience of these reels to give an opinion based upon experienece? 

appreciated thanks! 

15 minutes ago, sir axeman said:

Hi i'm looking to get a new set of reels - with the baitrunner feature, i have 3 Windcast Z5500 big pit reels with the quick front drag, sold my old Shimano 8080's 2yrs ago n wish i'd have kept 'em now. 

My budget rules out the expensive stuff so no point suggesting the £150+ reels like the Shimano XTB Longcast - medium in those would be great, but a bit too expensive at the moment. 

So i'm looking at the Fox EOS 10000 and EOS 10000 Pro, Sonic Vader X FRS 10000 pro or the Shimano DL's in 10000 size...or are there others i don't know about ?  Any of you guys got experience of these reels to give an opinion based upon experienece? 

appreciated thanks! 

I've got DL10000's and used them for carp fishing and have promoted them to my pike rods with braid on them. 

With 0.35mm (15lb) line on them, on any rod I think you would struggle to cast any further than 90metres, the line level goes down too deep. 

I also think they feel a bit 'lightweight', not the highest quality. I have managed to bend the centre spindle on one, probably by dropping it, and a handle broke. 

I got myself Shimano Beastmaster reels for casting longer distances, and despite being a budget big pit the quality is higher. 

The latest incarnation is on the link, but shop around you may get a better deal

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/shimano-beastmaster-xb-reel

Cheers guys! Sounds like the DL's might need a swerve...

My mate has 3 of the 12000 baitrunners...he's restarted carp fishing last year, he likes them a lot. My logic is these will be both carp and pike reels for me...if I keep my windcasts and get the pro10000's ...or do I flog the windcasts and get the 1200's. Edging towards the 10000 pro at the moment.  

Ta for that guys! Summat to think on.

6 hours ago, sir axeman said:

Cheers guys! Sounds like the DL's might need a swerve...

My mate has 3 of the 12000 baitrunners...he's restarted carp fishing last year, he likes them a lot. My logic is these will be both carp and pike reels for me...if I keep my windcasts and get the pro10000's ...or do I flog the windcasts and get the 1200's. Edging towards the 10000 pro at the moment.  

Ta for that guys! Summat to think on.

If you do use the reels for both carp and pike, make sure you consider reels with spare spools, or get extra spools. 

I use braid on my pike reels and rods, but mono on my carp rods and reels, hence 2 different reels.