Mozzie mesh fronts?

8 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Gotta be honest I've never had one, I always have the clear front on the door if its tanking down, or leave it open all year if its dry... 

I would love to go without but they love eating me, I did Friday but used the mesh Saturday, I seem to have been bitten a lot again, maybe it's time to just get a thermacell backpacker and be done with it lol 

The theory was that I would still be able to see out when I had a mozzie mesh on but it's like having the front on at night so pretty pointless really, you need the headlight on to see what's happening on the rods but that doesn't penetrate the mesh, kinda like a chocolate teapot 

Elmo, do you like marmite? If you do then start eating it everyday, there is a vitamin in it that mozzies don't like. It won't stop every bite but it will stop a good percentage.  It is also worth investing in one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Camping-Lantern-Night-Light-LED-UV-Lamp-Mosquito-Killer-Fly-Bug-Zapper/313172610534?hash=item48ea8acde6:g:mBIAAOSw0kRfKmMK

Just hang it up inside your bivvy, and you will be surprised how many of the little gits it kills each night.

1 hour ago, gidneyboy said:

Elmo, do you like marmite? If you do then start eating it everyday, there is a vitamin in it that mozzies don't like. It won't stop every bite but it will stop a good percentage.  It is also worth investing in one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Camping-Lantern-Night-Light-LED-UV-Lamp-Mosquito-Killer-Fly-Bug-Zapper/313172610534?hash=item48ea8acde6:g:mBIAAOSw0kRfKmMK

Just hang it up inside your bivvy, and you will be surprised how many of the little gits it kills each night.

Thanks just ordered one will give it a go cheers 

I'm not really a marmite fan tbh, if you said peanut butter they already wouldn't bite me though I did hear garlic is good too 😂

I eat plenty of garlic, and rarely notice getting bitten, only the occasional, but I do hate the buzz when the darn things are about.

I have a mozzie front for my bivvies, and its not just a thin mesh, it is thick enough to prevent seeing through it, although the further away you are from it, inside, the better.

I end up either with front section on or off. (I haven't put the front section on the Hybrid Cabrio yet), and just resort to the Skin so Soft.

56 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I have a mozzie front for my bivvies, and its not just a thin mesh, it is thick enough to prevent seeing through it, although the further away you are from it, inside, the better.

That's what really annoys me about mine though is the not being able to see through it I can in daylight just not when I am usually in it 😭

I just think I want to not use one so I've bought the zapper and will just cover myself in repellant, 

On 08/09/2020 at 08:12, gidneyboy said:

Don't suppose you know what battery I need for my mozzie light do you mine didn't come with one for some reason? 

Well if like me you get savaged my the pesky little twits, you may want to take protection, I went to bait up last night, man I got savaged in those 20 minutes, they were out in force after a day of good weather,

wear protection, stay safe, don't get vampired 

Someone told me to put a piece of liver in a bowl as they will suck that dry instead anyone tried it?