Bird seed and molasses

Hi all, 

This year I decided to give molasses a go. I've used a mixed bird seed blend before but with vitalin and this seemed to be very effective at pulling the fish in especially noticeable when fishing shallow margin spots seeing fish swirling their tails etc but since going for bird seed alone with molasses I feel the results just haven't been coming. Is vitalin really that attractive and the bird seed so unattractive?

I used quite a lot of molasses but since it's natural I was under the impression you couldn't really over do it?

Thoughts?

Thanks

As Yonny says, Vitalin is good for pretty much everything, margins or out in the main lake. 

Seeds are attractive, but even though I use them, I think that there are more attractive particles; hemp, chickpeas, maize. The seeds are basically a filler to add to the Vitalin. 

As for Molasses, you can't overdo it, but you do get to the stage of how much you use is dependant on cost, and Vitalin doesn't really need it. 

For glugging boilies or adding to particles though, definitely.