Rolling my own baits

Cork ball pop ups are probably best used to make match the hatch type pop ups where you can use your choosen mix paste to wrap around the cork ball, so the finished pop ups will be the same as the free offerings you are using.

So if thats the way you like to present your hookbait, then they are probably the best method

So I made some pop ups yesterday I didn't bother with the corkball in the end as I like having a brighter hookbait as I've always seemed to do better. So I made some red pop ups and tried making some white pop ups also but due to the dark liquid I added it came out more natural/washed out look which isn't a bad thing but not what I was after so I guess I'm going to need some dye if I want to get the colours I want but what ones would you recommend??

I'm using the DNA baits DIY mix as it's the bait that i use and I see a few videos on making corkball pop ups using the s7 base mix and the s7 liquid food so used that for a guide as it looked quite simple. but being I didn't want to use to cork ball i more wanted to play around with the colours as dna baits only have a choice of three colours. I changed it up slightly and used the pop up mix instead of the base mix but still used to the liquid food at the maximum it recommended. But now I've made some and thought about it a bit more comparing what I did to what they did in the video I can kind of see why corkball pops could be better as the way I made mine all the flavour came from the liquid where the cork balls have the flavour in the base already and the liquid added to that just increases whats already there!! 

41 minutes ago, Lumeymorris said:

So I made some pop ups yesterday I didn't bother with the corkball in the end as I like having a brighter hookbait as I've always seemed to do better. So I made some red pop ups and tried making some white pop ups also but due to the dark liquid I added it came out more natural/washed out look which isn't a bad thing but not what I was after so I guess I'm going to need some dye if I want to get the colours I want but what ones would you recommend??

I'm using the DNA baits DIY mix as it's the bait that i use and I see a few videos on making corkball pop ups using the s7 base mix and the s7 liquid food so used that for a guide as it looked quite simple. but being I didn't want to use to cork ball i more wanted to play around with the colours as dna baits only have a choice of three colours. I changed it up slightly and used the pop up mix instead of the base mix but still used to the liquid food at the maximum it recommended. But now I've made some and thought about it a bit more comparing what I did to what they did in the video I can kind of see why corkball pops could be better as the way I made mine all the flavour came from the liquid where the cork balls have the flavour in the base already and the liquid added to that just increases whats already there!! 

Have a look at British aqua feed they will be the same as DNA but will have more colours they also do a spice mix that sounds very similar to the S7 SECRET BLEND 😁 

if you look closely you may notice they have the same address 👍

white pop ups also but due to the dark liquid I added it came out more natural/washed out look which isn't a bad thing but not what I was after so I guess I'm going to need some dye if I want to get the colours I want but what ones would you recommend??

Most of the bait industry use Titanium Dioxide for white but bot sure you will get it in a small enough quantity at a price that fits for this situation,  CC Moore and AA Baits both do a non soluble white dye, the latter being cheaper.

With your second paragraph , what are you wanting as your finished article, a pop up that looks like your free offerings or a bright one ?, also what levels and liquids are you using might help others offer some ideas.