Lake recce

carpepecheur

It was a beautiful warm spring day today and me and my dog were doing a recce of a lake I have not fished before. It was 2 Km long and completely surrounded by dense forest. On one side was a narrow twisty but pretty walk that had been made through the undergrowth.

After about half an hour I heard an irritatingly loud radio blasting out pop music. I came across two lads carp fishing. They had a mountain of gear and looked the part so I stopped for a chat.

They had not had a single bite. They blamed the bright sun, the lack of wind, the time of year, their bait etc. etc. I said I did a bit of carp fishing and could offer some advice that might help.

“OK” they said.

“Carp really don’t like pop music” I suggested

They looked at each other as if I were insane so I wished them luck and started to leave. “They prefer classical music” I said sarcastically as I continued on our walk.

When I returned a little later, surely enough the radio was no longer belting out pop music. They had retuned to a classical station and was belting that out at an even higher volume.