lakes with a hut or cabin

Hey guys,

I have been pretty quiet for a while as i ruptured my ACL, Broke some bone and tore my menicus whilst playing football about 6/7 months ago which has kept me off my feet and more importantly off the bank.

Its a long road to recovery but i think im capable of doing a few nights on the bank. I think doing it in a bivvy might be a bit much so i am looking for somewhere i don't have to bend to get in and out of so does anyone know of any lakes with a cabin on them? The cabins can be completely empty, they just need to be on the lake and big enough to get my bedchair in! Suffolk or Essex. Suggestions?

On 15/01/2020 at 21:41, crusian said:

Hello Ginger , wondered what had happened to you , and sad to learn you are injured .

I'm sure you must have thought about Suffolk Water Park - Jacobs Creek . I've never fished it before , maybe Nick has ? .

😃

Still alive mate, Just couldn't do watching or talking about fishing whilst i knew i couldn't go! I have booked Jacobs Creek, havent fished it before but walked around it a few years back, 2 nights with the old man next week so hopefully we both manage to grab 1 or 2. Looks set to rain most of the weekend so glad we have a little cabin to hide in!

5 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Still alive mate, Just couldn't do watching or talking about fishing whilst i knew i couldn't go! I have booked Jacobs Creek, havent fished it before but walked around it a few years back, 2 nights with the old man next week so hopefully we both manage to grab 1 or 2. Looks set to rain most of the weekend so glad we have a little cabin to hide in!

Have a great time , Ginger , stay warm and dry .

You may have seen that the chaps on the forum that are out fishing at this time of year aren't catching much , but still enjoying just being out on the bank  .

Having seen 'photos of you , your " old man " is probably around my age you cheeky young  wippersnapper ! .

😁 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2020 at 16:07, Ginger9991 said:

Hi Ginger .

How did it go ? .

😃

4 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Done alright mate. Had 8 in the endnothing big but had to work for it. My old man only managed 1 but at least he caught in the end. Leg held out pretty well which was more important...now i can start getting back into it again!

Excellent stuff , Ginger .

Watch out Essex carp , Ginger's back ! .

💪