Trakker Tempest

• 2 months later...
On 15/09/2019 at 19:15, carpyian said:

Trakker Tempest

anyone got one what do you think of them ??

i.e  size build quality 

im looking at the new tempest 100 looks good 

any info would be helpful 

I have the V2 brolly and love it for it's ease of use. Have had no problems whatsoever with it's build quality.
My only complaint, (well it's not really a complaint), is it's lack of height. It is a bit low, and I never fail to catch my bonce on it when getting in and out, but I've been prepared to put up with it for the sake of it's other benefits. The other dimensions are great, it's nice and wide so I can get plenty in, and deep enough to push my bed chair right to the back and keep out of the worst of the weather.
But I'm sorely tempted to swap out to the new 100T. It's not a bad price at all, bearing in mind the benefits of the extra height, and in particular the two rear vents as standard. I looked at having a couple of vents put in my V2 by Army Andy, and the cost would work out more than a new 100T taking the purchase price into account. 
I've checked the other dimensions and it's the same width as the V2, and 5cm deeper, so I wouldn't be losing out anything at all. It's a win/win as far as I am concerned.
I'm watching carefully, and may well pull the trigger on the new one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I did pull the trigger, and the new one arrives on Monday.
Already have the skull cap (from the V2) which fits, just undecided whether to go for the optional mozzie mesh or the full infill panel. I'll make that decision nearer holiday time. 
Mozzie mesh is £49.99, the infill panel is £30.00 more.
I have sold both my V2 and my Quest bivvy as the 100T is basically going to become my "Jack of all trades". With the prices I got for them, it's only cost me about £40.00 for the "upgrade"
I'll have no qualms about using it for a week down in France..... as I mentioned above, I have been more than happy with the internal dimensions of my V2, and feel confident that I'll be able to fit a weeks gear into it. I do tend to fish light.
The increased headroom will be welcome, as will the rear vents.
Haven't been out much lately what with work and the weather, but looking forward to giving this a proper test before too long.
I found this German video on YouTube which is much more informative than the UK one posted by Trakker. If you can understand the lingo, great. If you can't, just watch with the volume off.
It's very informative......

Edited by smufter

13 hours ago, smufter said:

Well I did pull the trigger, and the new one arrives on Monday.
Already have the skull cap (from the V2) which fits, just undecided whether to go for the optional mozzie mesh or the full infill panel. I'll make that decision nearer holiday time. 
Mozzie mesh is £49.99, the infill panel is £30.00 more.
I have sold both my V2 and my Quest bivvy as the 100T is basically going to become my "Jack of all trades". With the prices I got for them, it's only cost me about £40.00 for the "upgrade"
I'll have no qualms about using it for a week down in France..... as I mentioned above, I have been more than happy with the internal dimensions of my V2, and feel confident that I'll be able to fit a weeks gear into it. I do tend to fish light.
The increased headroom will be welcome, as will the rear vents.
Haven't been out much lately what with work and the weather, but looking forward to giving this a proper test before too long.
I found this German video on YouTube which is much more informative than the UK one posted by Trakker. If you can understand the lingo, great. If you can't, just watch with the volume off.
It's very informative......

I will be very interested to read the " Smufter Review " .

The German guy in the video seemed to spread the brolly open with incredible ease , something which ( as I haven't got the arms of an Orangutan ) I find a bit fiddly ; also having " flicked " the brolly open the sides appeared nice and taut without any tweaking i.e. pegging down after using the strap to pull the sides in .

😃

On 26/01/2020 at 20:02, crusian said:

I will be very interested to read the " Smufter Review " .

The German guy in the video seemed to spread the brolly open with incredible ease , something which ( as I haven't got the arms of an Orangutan ) I find a bit fiddly ; also having " flicked " the brolly open the sides appeared nice and taut without any tweaking i.e. pegging down after using the strap to pull the sides in .

😃

First part of my review.......... the cardboard box it arrived in is lovely....😁

I too find spreading the brolly open "with ease" difficult. I guess there is a knack to it, but thus far I haven't figured out what it is lol! 

And I'd love a £ for every time I've pinched my the palm of my hand pushing the front rib in. Ouchie!

• 4 weeks later...