Matching reels to my rods

I have x2 Shimano Tribal tx2 carp rods. I am currently using my very old shimano 5010 bait runners on them these reels need replacing.  Was looking at possibly the Fox Fx11 reels.  Question is the tribal tx2 are a slim rod so would the fx11 unbalance the rod? The rods are 12ft 3.25lb test curve. 

11 hours ago, Siro79 said:

I have x2 Shimano Tribal tx2 carp rods. I am currently using my very old shimano 5010 bait runners on them these reels need replacing.  Was looking at possibly the Fox Fx11 reels.  Question is the tribal tx2 are a slim rod so would the fx11 unbalance the rod? The rods are 12ft 3.25lb test curve. 

Welcome to Carp.com.

What matters is how the rods and reels feel to you. Personally I would think that the 5010 baitrunners are a bit small on 3.25lb rods, but at the same time I think 3.25lb TC rods are too heavy for most fishing, they are long distance fishing rods.

Fox FX11 reels are long distance casting reels, which is what a 3.25lb rod is designed for.