Finding out about a closed shop venue

elmoputney

I recently found out about a venue fairly close to me that I didn't even know existed since then I've been for a walk round a couple of times , and naturally I now want to enquire about a ticket,

now I've spoken to 4 anglers on my travels and none of them will give me any contact details, it's sort of run as a closed shop syndicate ,and I believe the owner tells them not to pass on any details on,

Any ideas on getting past the wall of silence ? 

All I've got is first name a rough age and a club he fishes quite a lot 😀

5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Any ideas on getting past the wall of silence ? 

It's a tricky one elmo. Pushing for info can work against you.

Imo you should continue to walk it, chatting with the anglers (not pushing for info), get to know them, have a giggle. You'll soon be in a position that something will come your way.

Closed shop syndis (or any syndis for that matter) want safe, reliable, discreet and friendly anglers. If you can show that's what you are then you'll be in pole position.

23 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's a tricky one elmo. Pushing for info can work against you.

Imo you should continue to walk it, chatting with the anglers (not pushing for info), get to know them, have a giggle. You'll soon be in a position that something will come your way.

Closed shop syndis (or any syndis for that matter) want safe, reliable, discreet and friendly anglers. If you can show that's what you are then you'll be in pole position.

I think that's probably my best option to keep walking it tbh, all the guys seemed friendly enough and had a good chat so that's a good start 

There is a water I'm on at the moment (although not closed-shop like yours). I walked it for months before taking the rods. Gave me the chance to get to know some of the lads before fishing it. Helped no end, the lads now know me and share info with me i.e. they don't see me as this outsider that's come to catch all their carp lol.