Daiwa Emblem BR25A......................

I haven't got any or seen them, but diawa make lovely reels 

I've been very happy with my emcast evos which look similar but without the baitrunner facility these are now old but still perform like the first day I got them, they make everything feel smooth, casting ,retrieving I think they were even a joy to play fish on ( can't really remember that though ) 

Unless diawa quality has taken a serious nosedive I would think they would be a good reel, 

Just been putting some fresh line on :)

15519037238256299659487762028852.jpg

I've sold my Shimmy X-TA's (medium longcasts) and was going to "upgrade" to the newer X-TB's but have been reading about these Emblems. They review very well, they're a little more compact than the Shimano's, and a tad lighter too, which would suit my 11' rods a bit better I think. Line capacity is about the same.

I like the fact that they have the 25mm spools, like their more expensive cousins the Cast'izms. They are a little bit cheaper than the Shimano's, although that isn't a deciding factor.

I've had Daiwa reels in the past, albeit cheaper ones, and have never had a problem with them. 

Edited by smufter

• 3 weeks later...

Well just to let you know how I'm getting on with them.......

Lovely reels, really enjoying them, but I think I've overfilled the spools and I'm not happy with the line I've put on them. 
I usually use 12lb line at home, upping to 15lb for France. I don't have spare spools for these ones yet, and with a French trip on the horizon decided to go straight to 15lb and spooled up with CM90 to try it out rather than my usual Shimano Technium Black.
Suffering quite a bit with line coil, so much so that on one reel in particular it's finding it's way up under the spool and wrapping itself around the spindle. Not ideal.
The line itself is quite springy, so I've just ordered a spool of Technium Black in 12lb and am going to swap it out as soon as it arrives.
I know from experience that the Technium breaks way above it's quoted BS but do I risk it and leave it on the spools for the French trip????
The lake we are visiting is not snaggy at all, but the fish go to mid 60's which are obviously a lot bigger than anything I'm likely to encounter at White Cottage.

🙄

can you still get those twistbuster leads ? Might be worth taking a bit off and using one of those first it may help it settle better or maybe just whacking out some leads into the lake I usually find this helps them settle down , I got some Korda carpline in 12lb that needed a couple of longish casts to settle down on my reels but now I am starting to quite like it, it was recommended as the best of the cheaper lines in the shop, I need some heavier line and I am thinking of trying Korda subline for that, as much as I want to not like Korda they do some good bits in my opinion, I also liked the Terry Eustace pro clear line though that was my go to line in the olden days, 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

can you still get those twistbuster leads ? Might be worth taking a bit off and using one of those first it may help it settle better or maybe just whacking out some leads into the lake I usually find this helps them settle down , I got some Korda carpline in 12lb that needed a couple of longish casts to settle down on my reels but now I am starting to quite like it, it was recommended as the best of the cheaper lines in the shop, I need some heavier line and I am thinking of trying Korda subline for that, as much as I want to not like Korda they do some good bits in my opinion, I also liked the Terry Eustace pro clear line though that was my go to line in the olden days, 

It's not twist as such, it's just spilling off the spools (which would normally indicate over filling). I might just take 30 or 40 yards off to see if that makes a difference. It straightens out okay when I've cast out a few times but it's not filling me with confidence if I'm honest. Not too excited by the colour either. It's standing out like a sore thumb under the surface, the Technium Black can't be seen usually.

Gardner spin doctor is what those leads are called, 

I would strip some off first then and see if it improves the situation, you might not like the colour as much because  the line is annoying you due to the issues it may get better once it settles down I haven't used it myself so can't comment on that though  , I think the korda carp line colour seems to blend with the water nicely though, infact it seems less visible than the old clear was 

8 hours ago, Mozz74 said:

Hi Rob I usually go over my local field and fix a wheight to the line and keep casting out to help bed the line down on the spool😀

Thank you for that. For a new member you seem very, very helpful. I think we'll get along just fine......😉