New unhooking matt, net and sling

as ive mentioned previously im currently fishing a venue that's got KHV, ive now decided that its time to move on and find a few new waters so I am replacing any items of tackle that are likely to spread the disease.

anybody got any recommendations on any of the above (or any other tackle you think I should be replacing)

was looking at a matt with legs as the beanie matt im using atm isn't that good on uneven ground and am thinking of doing some time on the river trent and the banks aren't that great.

Edited by harpz_31

Landing net I would be looking Fox Warrior 42inch.

Weigh slings are cheap, around £7-15, NGT, Korum, even TFG all do decent ones.

Unhooking mat, even TFG Banshee or Hardcore Safety Mat which can double up as a carry all.

One thing I will say, the big unhooking cradles can be a pain to carry long distance!

23 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Landing net I would be looking Fox Warrior 42inch.

Weigh slings are cheap, around £7-15, NGT, Korum, even TFG all do decent ones.

Unhooking mat, even TFG Banshee or Hardcore Safety Mat which can double up as a carry all.

One thing I will say, the big unhooking cradles can be a pain to carry long distance!

ive already got a fox warrior so ill probably just get a new mesh and float for that but was looking to get a second net, the chub outkast looks good and was impressed with the rods so thought id give it a look.

never thought of having to transport the cradle about so will have to weigh up pros and cons on that one.

as for the sling I like the sonic sling ive got so probably get another one of those.

19 hours ago, framey said:

otherwise you COULD be going the whole hog

I see what you saying but im the sort of person that checks i've locked to door 20 times before I can leave the house (im one of life's worriers) so id rather take a hit for a few hundred quid and give myself and the next fishery I visit piece of mind.

ill be replacing my line before fishing anywhere else

glad you mention the stink net :wink:

I don't like stink nets, for the simple reason that they can keep the net wet while in storage, and water (and other dirt) can accumulate at the bottom. They are ok for transporting gear home at the end of the day, but the net then needs a good clean and dry at home. Putting the cleaned net back into a stink bag then risks taking nasties onto a fishery.

A new landing net mesh was around £18 last time I got one, and I got a Tackle Box EZ net mesh

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/landing-equipment/landing-nets/tb-replacement-ez-mesh-42-inch-olive-green.html

I actually think a lot of anglers buy a whole new landing net rather than just replace the mesh when small holes join and become a bigger whole that it is no longer possible to repair.

(Mine has been 'sewn' back together a few times)