What baits do you guys favour and why?

Brutus

See I'd not fill it in if the lake was fishing out of sorts (unless maybe I'd tried everything else). Seems to me you were lucky to get that result Nick, could have gone the other way.

I fill it in when I know I'm on fish, I know where the spots are, and I know they're up for a feed. It normally works well.

4 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I do find piling it in is a killer on most occasions

See I find that a rarity but as said, I'll only do it if the angling situation requires it to maximise results.

2 minutes ago, yonny said:

See I'd not fill it in if the lake was fishing out of sorts (unless maybe I'd tried everything else). Seems to me you were lucky to get that result Nick, could have gone the other way.

I fill it in when I know I'm on fish, I know where the spots are, and I know they're up for a feed. It normally works well.

See I find that a rarity but as said, I'll only do it if the angling situation requires it to maximise results.

I knew the lake quite well, in fact I'd actually run it for a couple of years. I knew that most anglers had gone to a boilie only approach, and were being quite sparing with freebies, because the carp were taking a couple of days to move onto beds of boilies. I had seen how the carp with small particle beds were picking and ignoring hookbaits, even sweetcorn was being left. 

If we/I had blanked it would have been recorded. A couple of years later try the same and it did take two or three days for carp to come onto it.

• 1 month later...