Uk holiday

I've been to otter falls in Devon the past 2 years.

They've got lakeside lodges, a swimming pool and an on-site bar serving food.

The only real limits are no night fishing and supposedly no alarms, but they let me use mine on silent.

The fish run up to around 20lb and average about 10lb.

There's also a place in Somerset with a private lake for a mobile home. I saw it featured on YouTube by cooking and carping and Alain Blair. Can't remember the name, but looks pretty good.

6 hours ago, Old school said:

thanks for the help guys, ive just been looking at furnace lakes, the specimen lake looks very good but just been looking at some reviews that say avoid it because its now just a big cat fishery!! anyone been lately?  

My mate fishes specimen lake at furnace quite a lot.

It's got a few cats in there but nowhere near as many as the others.

I've fished it once and it's a nice little lake with the swims nice and spaced out but it's far too overpriced for what it is.

Not been for years, I know someone who has, but not my cup of tea. It used to be in a terrible state with lines trailing everywhere. Commy cash cow is the impression I have of the venue. 

I used to have a syndicate ticket near there. Nice little 2acre with a good stock of British carp. Maybe available for private hire. Pm if interested. 

Meynards is supposed to be good. Not fished it personally, but it's in that area.