hiya im back again

hiya i seem to have ended up with an inactive account somehow and cant seem to contact admin to get it resolved ! so ive had to create another account ! heres my original intro :

gjc1

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • gjc1
  • Inactive
  • 71 posts

hiya, just found the forum and joined as it seem to be a friendly place , just returning to carp fishing after a 30 odd year lay off ,"aint things changed  :mrgreen:  " from the black country originally but moved around a bit over the years and fished for most things but mobility "or the lack of it ,damn arthritis  " has caused me to think about doing a  bit of  carp and tench fishing again ,got a local water with a few decent carp in but only a few for its size so not going to be a runs water  :mrgreen: but thats not an issue as it has a decent head of good tench and a few other decent bits and pieces,spent the last couple of months getting kitted out tackle wise, just hope the old methods and baits still work  .hoping to get out next week to get a feel for it again ,fingers crossed , carp venues are a bit thin on the ground around here "sw scotland " possibly need to travel over the border into cumbria or northumberland, who can tell  .looking forward to getting out anyway .

not much has changed since then other than i have now found  a small estate/club lake to fish  with excellent access which will give me a more assured access to pitches than the previous venue which proved problematical for me due to the limited number of swims i could get to with my lack of mobility.

the new venue holds a good head of carp up to around the low 20's which im more than happy with and is picture postcard  carpy  

atb

glyn

Hi mate.... Glad you found a nice venue and one that is easier for you to get around...… My step dad has had rheumatoid arthritis for as long as I can remember, mainly down the spine, but he still manages to do a few bits here and there, even at 75yrs..... The key is to keep active as much as you can, so I'm told...… Enjoy your fishing mate 🙂, sounds like a nice little venue....

cheers bc ,yes it is important to keep bodging on! and yes it is a nice venue and psychologically its better as well ,just knowing that after ive packed the van i will get a swim to fish ,a couple of times on the other place i ended up coming back home because the swims i could get to  were occupied which was a bit of a downer as after the first season i needed to get a day ticket first as season tickets had been stopped  ! so it meant i had to check swims available then go and get ticket only to find someone had  got in the swim i fancied whilst i was away getting ticket .

When I get back from my girlfriends tonight I will see if I can reset Gjc1.

If an account is not used for a period of time it becomes inactive, and requirs admin to reopen it.

I hadn't received any message asking about it, otherwise I would have done so😉

19 hours ago, cloud9 said:

It's nick , because Gordon is a mor...... According to the song 😋

It is most definitely Nick.

And the song was sung by Jilted John😉

I have been able to merge the 2 accounts together keeping the Gjc1 username. I am not sure, but the Gjc email should be the main one.

If you get annoying emails, just unclick notifications on the post and have a quick play on your profile to reduce them.

Then teach me, 'cos I keep forgetting...