Rucksack what one?

I like the rucksacks that open flat ways, rather than from the top so you can see all your stuff laid out. But what one is best for size. I have the Aqua and Korum in my sights, I also like the ones that take the little pouches designed to fit them. But what ones are the best please guys? Do Nash or anyone else do something I should look at?

Size wise day sack, but I like the chance to take extra cloths of flasks in winter.

Thanks all.

Dicky.

49 minutes ago, Dicky123 said:

I like the rucksacks that open flat ways, rather than from the top so you can see all your stuff laid out. But what one is best for size. I have the Aqua and Korum in my sights, I also like the ones that take the little pouches designed to fit them. But what ones are the best please guys? Do Nash or anyone else do something I should look at?

Size wise day sack, but I like the chance to take extra cloths of flasks in winter.

Thanks all.

Dicky.

Personal advice after having Nash rucksacks is avoid them. I had two that had zips break, one that split a pocket, one that split across the back and shoulder strap, and one that the top box section wore away. That totals 6 rucksacks, I only bought 3. Replacements of new purchases had to be replaced. The longest one lasted was 2 years! 

Since then, I got a military Bergen, now over 10 years old, and still going strong. For long session fishing I wouldn't use anything else as it handles so much gear. It is not zip down, but to be honest, I load it in order of use, and put stuff I will need in pockets.

All Clothes and towel at bottom, rig bins on top of that, coffee maker or kettle on that with saucepan and the two gas canisters. I then have a stalking bag with food in that fits in on top. My scales and weigh bar fit in the inside top flap pocket, cups and stove in outside top flap pocket. My spare stove and bait delivery kit fit in front outside pocket. 

A big point about the Bergen, is it is water resistant, and you can get covers that go over them.

The big link is for 60 litre, you can get a bigger one, 110litre, and extra bought side pockets enlarge it to 120 I think it is.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-COMBAT-RUCKSACK-BERGEN-60-70-LITRE-MULTICAM-DPM-MTP-OLIVE-GREEN-/300878964619?var=&clk_rvr_id=1491165626330&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=twenga&utm_campaign=twenga&utm_param=eyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwMzg2MzcwNTQ1ZTM4MjE1NmU5MDAzOTA4ZjRkYjRjOCIsImkiOiIzMDA4Nzg5NjQ2MTkiLCJ0cyI6MTUyMzAyMzAzMCwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjE4MTM3OX0%3D&rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Futm_source%3Dtwenga%26utm_param%3DeyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwMzg2MzcwNTQ1ZTM4MjE1NmU5MDAzOTA4ZjRkYjRjOCIsImkiOiIzMDA4Nzg5NjQ2MTkiLCJ0cyI6MTUyMzAyMzAzMCwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjE4MTM3OX0%3D%26utm_campaign%3Dtwenga%26utm_medium%3Dcpc%26ff3%3D4%26pub%3D5574631662%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5338243305%26customid%3D0386370545e382156e9003908f4db4c8%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FBRITISH-ARMY-COMBAT-RUCKSACK-BERGEN-60-70-LITRE-MULTICAM-DPM-MTP-OLIVE-GREEN-%252F300878964619%253Fvar%253D%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1491165626330&ul_noapp=true

I do have a Korum Deluxe Ruckbag, and that only gets used for day fishing, it is simply not big enough to take the gear for a few days, no matter how tidily I pack it. An example of what it takes is my pike unhooking gear, wire cutters, side cutters, forceps and long nosed pliers in inside pocket, 1 medium tackle box, 2 flasks, camera, scales, sandwiches in lunch box, roughly 20 deadbaits, a pair of cold weather trousers and jacket, then  banksticks, indicators and alarms in outside pocket. 

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but my honest advice on rucksacks is go military, NOT tackle manufacturer.

*Bait delivery kit

Spomb, 2x spods, boilie rocket and catapult.

I have recently got the Aqua Deluxe Roving Rucksack. I absolutely love it. Fits my needs perfectly, love having a modular system with bags to fit in certain areas. It means that I know where everything is, at all times. All the benefits of a decent Carryall, but the flexibility of a rucksack.

Nash do one that fits your description perfectly it’s called the “Nash black ops Patrol pack”  

I have one, you can fit plenty in it plus fit an extensive amount of outer pouches to the webbing if you so wish, it also has buckle fastening to attach the “Nash flat mat” 

i haven’t had any issues with mine at all and had it for two seasons out in all sorts of conditions. 

Obviously take notice of what others have said re quality as they obviously have personal experience using it and make your own mind up 😁

5 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Nash do one that fits your description perfectly it’s called the “Nash black ops Patrol pack”  

I have one, you can fit plenty in it plus fit an extensive amount of outer pouches to the webbing if you so wish, it also has buckle fastening to attach the “Nash flat mat” 

i haven’t had any issues with mine at all and had it for two seasons out in all sorts of conditions. 

Obviously take notice of what others have said re quality as they obviously have personal experience using it and make your own mind up 😁

That’s the one I would go for. They also do a cube rucksack that also fits what you describe in your requirements.