Gardner Rigga Hooks ( CRV) or ESP Cryogen Curve Shanx

26 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Fellas 

I see that ESP have released their Cryogen hooks in barbless now , so I was wondering whether to go for the Gardener or the ESP - I'm currently using Gardner Muggas on a Ronnie Rig .

Ta 

:) 

do you have a genuine reason for changing to ESP, did you previously use Cryogen and moved to mugga's for the barbless, are you unhappy with the mugga's?

if the answer to all the above is yes then you have to at least try the cryogen hooks, if no then why change... sorry to answer a question with a barrage of questions :lol::lol:

38 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Fellas 

I see that ESP have released their Cryogen hooks in barbless now , so I was wondering whether to go for the Gardener or the ESP - I'm currently using Gardner Muggas on a Ronnie Rig .

Ta 

:) 

Muggas are one of my favourite hooks, along with Solar 101's.

I know the Cryogen range are supposed to be one of the sharpest straight out the pack, but I found the Muggas hold that title as well😉

Strangely I never played with the ESP hooks despite working in Gladwells, as I was happy with what I was using mentioned in the first paragraph.

I don't like chopping and changing, until I have tested, checked and thoroughly pushed a hook (or any item) to its limits, so my experience with the current ESP range is limited. I will say, when I used ESP hooks years ago, they held their point for fish after fish. I think one hook landed over 10 fish until I cast the rig up a tree trying to catch roosting fish and never got it back.

33 minutes ago, cyborx said:

do you have a genuine reason for changing to ESP, did you previously use Cryogen and moved to mugga's for the barbless, are you unhappy with the mugga's?

if the answer to all the above is yes then you have to at least try the cryogen hooks, if no then why change... sorry to answer a question with a barrage of questions :lol::lol:

Hi Cyborx 

I have been using barbless Muggas for a few seasons now ,  then I read good reviews of the ESP , but fishing barbless only waters I couldn't use them -  until now .

I can't say I'm unhappy with the Muggas , it's more a case of " is there something better available " .

29 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Muggas are one of my favourite hooks, along with Solar 101's.

I know the Cryogen range are supposed to be one of the sharpest straight out the pack, but I found the Muggas hold that title as well😉

Strangely I never played with the ESP hooks despite working in Gladwells, as I was happy with what I was using mentioned in the first paragraph.

I don't like chopping and changing, until I have tested, checked and thoroughly pushed a hook (or any item) to its limits, so my experience with the current ESP range is limited. I will say, when I used ESP hooks years ago, they held their point for fish after fish. I think one hook landed over 10 fish until I cast the rig up a tree trying to catch roosting fish and never got it back.

Hi Nick 

Hmm , yes as you and Cyborx say if it isn't broke don't fix it .

you'd think those roosting Carp would be easy to catch , I guess they're just too sleepy ? .

:D

I like the ESP Cryogen range, haven't even considered looking at other hooks for a couple of seasons now... A lot is down to personal choice. Not used the barbless though.....

Gardener Mugga's  are highly thought of and I'd happily use them without flinching if my favoured hooks were out of stock.....

Not much help really, but I try to stick to what I've all ready got confidence in..... Chopping and changing can be a long , dark, winding road...... Headaches and half used packets of this and that.

If I was really in a dilemma over the two, I'd buy a packet of each and make a comparison, choose one, and stick with it.... Job done. :)