Getting started. 13ft 3,5lb ideas?

Hi everyone, looking forward for my first carp fishing season :) I'm searching for my first carp rods. By the size of waters nearby , I have decided to buy a pair of 13ft 3,5lb. Things that I'm looking in a rod is a slim blank, good fish playing action and light weight. I'm willing to spend 75-150£ each for a rod. I have few rods in mind:

*Shimano tribal tx2 or tx5

*Greys prodigy apex

So yea can't say much here :), maiby you guys can give my an advice. Sorry for my English writing skills :).

Welcome to the forum.

I don't want to put you off, but, why do you think you want 13ft 3.5lb tc rods?

With so much information written, it can be confusing and puzzling for people new to fishing to decide what tackle they need; I get the feeling that you have looked at your chosen venue and decided you will need to cast vast distances and looked at the tools to do that - 20 / 20 for doing your research. There's more to casting distance than getting long rods.

Thank for a fast reply :) I live in Lithuania, we don't have that many carp here, and they tend to live in lakes that are really big. Majority of carp anglers here fish with 13ft because distances are ussually 100m or more. So I will prefer a kit that will help me to reach distance and precission with ease. For small ponds or lakes I will always use feeder rods for bigger pleasure :) 

Welcome to Carp.com.

I must admit that while I appreciate your situation and location, I don't think you would necessarily need to go above 12ft rods, absolute max 3.5lb TC.

I presume, but only because I don't know, a fair amount of your colleagues boat their baits out? If you cast with the 12ft 3.25 rods, I know you can get baits to 150metres. 

My advice look at Century rods if you can, SP's will definitely hit the distance, or even Rod Hutchinson rods.