Braid Vs Mono for spod

So excuse my ignorance. I have been using 10lb like with a 35lb shock leader with my spod rod... I recently snapped the line due to a knot and since then i have been putting out the spod with braid....A really rubbish braid i believe as it knots quite often.....

So im looking at new line for the spod and i was wonder what people thought was best, Mono with a shock lead or braid with the shock leader. I was shocked when i looked at the korda braid A) by the price and B) seeing the diameter was smaller then Mono.

So what do people recommend? Im not the best distance caster, so i want something that can do a good job casting!

I have stuck with Mono and a 40/ 50lb leader for years, the mono is Gardner Pro in 15lb, and I rarely have crack-offs, although an occasional one happens when I mistime a cast, either with that or my fishing rods.

Years ago I did use braid, and I had that wear through both the tip and butt rings on the rod. I also had a tendency to crack-off more frequently!

I recently heard a lake banned braid on spod and Spomb rods as they discovered a large number of cracked-off spods around the lake, and retrieved a few. Sadly I can't recall who it was as it was a shared post on my Faceache feed.

It's possible that because there is no stretch (or minimal) crack-offs occur more often as the spod/Spomb hits the clip hard on the cast, or on a mistimed cast and the angler snaps the bail arm over.