FOX RX +

From Fox

Improved features compared to NTX-R

• Deeper ears with no increase in the height of the alarm
  • Twin multi-colour LEDs, one per ear and at the very top of the ear
  • External control of the multi-colour LEDs with Colour Sync™ function – simply change LED colour via button on the battery cover
  • Manually selectable day and night modes
  • External control of the Vari-Bright adjustable LED brightness to suit the conditions you are fishing in (choice of 3 LED brightness settings in day mode and 3 different brightness settings in night mode) simply adjust via button on battery cover
  • Larger clearance around the roller wheel and improved drainage vastly reduces chances of roller wheel freezing up in extreme cold conditions
  • Stronger range performance with RX+ Receiver
  • Improved sensitivity range (see below)
  • Larger indicator LED windows, visible from both the front and the top of the receiver
  • Optional bivvy light function when you receive a bite
  • Free standing design for placing on bivvy table/bucket lid
  • Soft grip casing
  • Ability to sync up to eight RX+ Micron heads
  • Stronger radio performance
  • Silent ON mode, full receiver function but with no sound output

Of those only the larger clearance around the roller wheel actually does anything that could impact performance IMO. The rest is just tarty. I suppose the extra LED is a decent idea. The increased sensitivity is a load of tosh IMO..... either the wheel rotates or it does not.

On 5 October 2017 at 09:21, Ginger9991 said:

I like the feature of the the receiver lighting up the bivvie if theres more then x amount of beeps. I wont buy them, im happy with my little solaces but thats a feature i would be after if i had to replace mine!

On 5 October 2017 at 09:36, oscsha said:

I've now got an image of flashing  bivvies on a runs water :)

Saw something like that this week, a green light strip around someones bivvy door when their alarms went off. Don't think the tufty was the expected result...

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of being able to alter the brightness of the LED's in night mode.

My Fox's were fine during daylight, but when darkness fell you were lining yourself up for retina burn. I have never seen an alarm LED so bright, used to light up the whole swim. You couldn't see what the bobbin was doing, and anybody else on the lake would have thought the emergency services had arrived!!

My new JRC alarms have much more subdued lights.  

Just now, carpmachine said:

If you say so bruv.

I do mate.

I only changed because I wanted something with a receiver, and to upgrade my Fox's would have cost me a fortune.

But had I not required the receiver, I would have quite happily continued with them. They had never let me down in nearly 5 years.

4 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Have you ever had Delks, i have had fox microns, total rubbish.

No I have never owned Delks. And I'm not knocking them. All I am saying is that to brand every other alarm as "rubbish" is a bit short sighted.

Why were your microns rubbish????

See I kept a 20 year old micron in the bottom of my tackle box for when my Delks went wrong and it never let me down. Hence why I eventually replaced the Delks with the NTXr. I agree Delks give better indication but only when they're working (mine stopped working 3 times in 3 years!).

• 2 years later...

Hi... as my alarms are always pre-set. I would understand if I had changed the setting from roller to vibrate within a single session, but mine are always set on vibrate. I'll try the recommendations at the beginning of each session, but my fear is that the sensitivity will die down as each hour passes and then requires a switch off then on again to reset.

12 minutes ago, EvvyLodish said:

I would understand if I had changed the setting from roller to vibrate within a single session, but mine are always set on vibrate.

I'm guessing you're on about the original Micron RX?

The RX+ don't have a vibration setting, only roller.

13 minutes ago, EvvyLodish said:

my fear is that the sensitivity will die down as each hour passes and then requires a switch off then on again to reset.

Why would this happen buddy?