Claw rig

starbaits

My advice is to stick to what is working for you at the moment.

Your line aligner is working and has got you a PB, why change for the sake of change?

The first thing you should change in any case is the length of the hair and/or the length of the Hooklink

Yep using it at present - cant say where I'm hooking them at the minute coz I've lost the last 2 fish to hook pulls - which is maybe more to do with the hook I'm using rather than the rig.

The few I caught on it last year were firm bottom lip - but a different hook.

You know something Kev we have noted this before at this time of year on my club lake and its happening this year as well and i think that its because its spawning season. I maybe wrong but i honestly dont think that the fish are feeding that confidently to take the bait all the way back into the mouth thats why we get so many hook pulls at this time of the year.

It may not just be down to spawning season. The Carp are likely to be pre-occupied on Natural Food, (their own spawn), and so maybe not particularly interested in Boilies.

Simple rigs may be more effective, or maybe the Extending Hair or hooklinks