IQ2

banjojohn

I bought this line as it stated its supple etc and I can only use mono on My venue , I bought it in 12lb and was quite shocked on this " super soft " being not soft , but quite rigid for an hook length ,

Am I supposed to do something to it so it gets supple ? this stuff is like rope :?

large.jpg

The main benefit of the Extra Soft IQ2 is the way it responds to bait in the water. A standard IQ holds the bait in a relatively fixed position whereas the Extra Soft IQ allows the bait to move more ‘naturally’ in the water.

To me is more suited to using a wafter on a 2inch home made chod rig 🎣🎣

so it changes suppleness when wet , I ask because My mainline is 12lb and that feels more supple , is the IQ2 quite transparent then ... as that would be an advantage , Its just that it feels so rigid , if i hold 4 Inches in My finger then it stays pretty much upright , that to Me isnt going to move around naturally , does that make sense ... maybe its just the fact that its more supple on a 20 - 25 lb mainline as an hook length ?

All Fluorocarbons are desgined to be used for stiff or semi stiff rigs the more supple ones are designed to be used if the bottom is a not quite clean as due to fluoros natural stiffness it can sit up on uneven bottoms,  its a selling feature that fluorocarbons are invisible in water but that only applies in the more clearer waters as its the light penetrating it that makes it invisible, if your lake has choddy or silty bottom then it collects debris an becomes slightly more visible.

For bottom bait rigs it works best IMO with conventual D style rigs rather than a conventional hair style type of rig.

I used to use iq2 in varying breaking strains. Now use rigmarole as its slightly stiffer & doesnt need steaming to straighten out, just pulling tools.

My go to rig is size 6 curved shank tied with 3 turn bloodknot. Micro swivel held onshank with hook bead. Floss the bait to the outer swivel ring, slightly off it for added movement. Various lengths dependant on lake bed. Anti tangle sleeve & tie 3 turn blood knot to swivel.

Have a look at rigmarole hydro link. Again this is fluro coated with braid. So pull fluro through to form a supple hooklink section. Shot or putty where the fluro stops. Excellnt combi rig.

Watch underwater 7 & 8 if you want convincing that a stiff hook link ca nail more bites.

If you want a supple hooklink, then use standard Mono.

One of my favourite mono hooklinks is Preston Reflo mono, which I use in 10and a bit lbs for both floater hooklinks and bottom mono hooklinks, or a length of the same as my current reel line P-line Floroclear for bottom baits.

I think both are fluorocarbon coated polymers.

In fact I have found on a local lake with crayfish, that the mono hooklinks are less affected than a braid that gets twisted and fluffed to bits.

I have found straight fluorocarbons very stiff, preferring the ones above, or even 15lb Amnesia in clear for hooklinks.

• 2 weeks later...