Stalker reel

With all due respect, why on earth would you want a distance casting reel on a stalking rod? 
The whole idea behind stalking is being as mobile and as "stealthy" as you can, so whilst I commend your choice of rod, you really need as small a reel as possible to match it.
Putting a big pit reel on a 9ft stalking rod is akin to putting a 250hp Honda outboard on a canoe! 

You'll want something that will hold a decent breaking strain line because stalking, by nature, will usually have you fishing close to snags of some description, although again you don't want to fish too heavily because you're likely to be going after wary fish and you don't want to spook them.
My idea of stalking is using the smallest lead possible, if in fact I used any at all. Freelining is as stealthy as it gets. Flicking a piece of sweetcorn, a dog biscuit, a lump of breadflake or meat/small boilie into a tight little spot sums up "stalking" to me. 

I'd be looking at the smaller Shimano or Daiwa offerings. You don't really need a bait runner because with stalking you are going to be "on your rod" all the time, but the Daiwa Emcast 4500 which I use would suffice. These have a baitrunner which of course you don't have to use, but at least you have the facility there if you want to revert to the more "usual" methods of fishing at some point.

Forget big pit reels. Unless you suddenly decide you want to buy 13 foot 3.5tc rods and start whanging it out 150 yards plus.

Edited by smufter

Stalking is not the only thing I need. As well as classic carpfishing on small ponds, a canal, a river, or a commercial pond. And range, I think no more than 70 yards maximum. We have the cost of tackles much higher than in Britain, so I order in your stores. Not all online stores are ready to deliver orders to Russia. So the choice is not great. What do you think about the Fox Eos 10000? I hope I wrote correctly. I apologize for the bad english.

Simple answer.....? Daiwa SS2600 I want a pair of these quite badly..... best stalking reels bar none (IMHO of course) but cost being an option, I ended up with a pair of Wychwood QD5000's I may have to spank the plastic at some point... (hopefully without SWMBO finding out)

The SS2600 will cast up to 70 yards with a good punch, so I don't think you need a big pit reel with the rods you mention... it would unbalance the rod for starters and balanced tackle is what you need

38 minutes ago, Max_Ultras said:

Even if it's a budget class?

Especially if it's budget class.

A cheap Japanese branded reel (Daiwa/Shimano/Okuma) would knock spots off of a medium priced "British" reel, even if such a thing is made anymore.

I've never been a fan of British fishing tackle.

Edited by smufter

are there any British made reels....?

as a case in point one of the threads on the (defunct) Crafty Carper forum was on the Nash Dwarf rods (9' 2.75lb) and matching reels... the Daiwa SS2600 was the reel of choice that suited the rods perfectly... I started off using Shimano 5000 RE's (spools too small) then went to Shimano 10000 XTE's from my 12' setup (too big) settled on the Wychwoods and they suit the rods nicely, but the Quick drag system takes a bit of getting used too... otherwise they are nice reels... great line lay too.... 

they already have a reputation for being very good reels and fairly bulletproof.... a few folks I know have had them for quite a few years and the only bad thing they say against them is the lack of infinite anti-reverse... if that's their only fault, then I could live with that.... more bearings don't necessarily mean a better reel... I've had reels with 5 bearings that were worse than an old Mitchell 400 with none...! (in my opinion of course)

Yeah, it's probably about as smooth running as your old Soviet hairdryer as well. I'd go for something more modern rather than a nostalgia cult show. :wink:

http://www.ericsangling.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=shimano+baitrunner

These normally offer good prices, the biggest problem you'll find is shipping to Russia as many don't do that. have you looked at German OR French web shops? They might ship to Russia....

Well there you go. I personally haven't dealt with either and have no experience of international postage from these people but I would expect them to be good. A long as you'r happy with the price and are certain they will post to you then go for it.

Fox reels used to be a little bit, rubbish at first but I understand they have got quite a lot better. I'd still go for Shimano because I use them all the time-I have 11 in total. Is it £100 for two reels or 1 reel?

http://www.tedcarter.co.uk/shimano/shimano-baitrunner-oc-reels

These might be what you like. But I can't say much about them. I think reels are more important than rods. Anyone can get away with a cheap rod, it's the reels that do most of the hard work.

11 hours ago, Max_Ultras said:

I expected to spend about 100 pounds on a reel. Maybe a little more if it's worth it. Could you attach the links when you offer reels? I think I decided on the choice, ss 2600. but I'm confused by its design, it resembles the old Soviet hair dryer of my grandmother.

A Shimano fanboy in disguise!!

Zey gut effryver.

:shock: