Sleeping Bag

2 minutes ago, Richard713 said:

Another tackle related question!

Looking for a warm budget sleeping bag. Was out on the bank last week and used a mates JRC sleeping bag, and i was blooming freezing! Think temperatures got down to around 6 or 7 degrees. Any recommendations? 

Ex army arctic bag 👌🏻 Good down to minus 5 and I recon if you put a peach skin throw over the top down even further......must take into account air movement under the bed too! Always best to put bits and pieces rucksacks/tackle bags etc under the bed it helps to keep things warm 😉

5 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Ex army arctic bag 👌🏻 Good down to minus 5 and I recon if you put a peach skin throw over the top down even further......must take into account air movement under the bed too! Always best to put bits and pieces rucksacks/tackle bags etc under the bed it helps to keep things warm 😉

A Tommy the Tenderfoot illustration in Baden Powell's original Scouting For Boys:

Plenty of blankets below, he was told 

But Tommy knew better, and so he got cold.

8 hours ago, Richard713 said:

Another tackle related question!

Looking for a warm budget sleeping bag. Was out on the bank last week and used a mates JRC sleeping bag, and i was blooming freezing! Think temperatures got down to around 6 or 7 degrees. Any recommendations? 

I had a foam packing piece inside the bedchair box, that is now in the centre section of my bedchair.

Have a look at this little cutie

http://www.wychwoodcarp.co.uk/products/bank-life/sleeping-bags/morpheus-extreme-4-sleeping-bag/H2401

Bearing in mind it is a tackle manufacturer, a decent price, not with other brands massive mark up.

Something else I like is the temperature rating, it actually tells you a temperature rating it is suitable for, not just 4 season

6 hours ago, Big Common said:

It all depends what your budget is really. Anything sold by the tackle firms will always have a bit of mark up. The Tracker Big Snooze are fairly affordable at around £50. AD are doing a deal for this plus a Tracker bed chair cover for £60. The bag and the cover together gives you a few options depending on temperatures.

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/trakker-big-snooze-cover-deal-2014

Pair of joggers and a hoodie with this bundle, will see you through most conditions. The bedchair cover makes a world of difference and keeps the damp off.

As SPR mentioned, army bags are good but not mega cheap if you want a good one.

You might want to try the camping shops. TBH, you will generally get what you pay for, as you've already discovered with your mates bag.

One other thing you could do is get one of those foil lined camping mats for around a fiver and lay it under your bag. You can keep these permanently folded inside the bed chair.

What great price , i have both of the above only difference is mine is the Plus wide sleeping bag, i fish all year and have never been cold not even when the lake froze over.

6 hours ago, Big Common said:

It all depends what your budget is really. Anything sold by the tackle firms will always have a bit of mark up. The Tracker Big Snooze are fairly affordable at around £50. AD are doing a deal for this plus a Tracker bed chair cover for £60. The bag and the cover together gives you a few options depending on temperatures.

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/trakker-big-snooze-cover-deal-2014

Pair of joggers and a hoodie with this bundle, will see you through most conditions. The bedchair cover makes a world of difference and keeps the damp off.

As SPR mentioned, army bags are good but not mega cheap if you want a good one.

You might want to try the camping shops. TBH, you will generally get what you pay for, as you've already discovered with your mates bag.

One other thing you could do is get one of those foil lined camping mats for around a fiver and lay it under your bag. You can keep these permanently folded inside the bed chair.

I like the looks of this Trakker deal. Fleece lining does sound warm. I'm also on the hunt for a bedchair. AD have a JRC one for £60, do you think it'll be any good? 

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/jrc-contact-lite-bedchair

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I had a foam packing piece inside the bedchair box, that is now in the centre section of my bedchair.

Have a look at this little cutie

http://www.wychwoodcarp.co.uk/products/bank-life/sleeping-bags/morpheus-extreme-4-sleeping-bag/H2401

Bearing in mind it is a tackle manufacturer, a decent price, not with other brands massive mark up.

Something else I like is the temperature rating, it actually tells you a temperature rating it is suitable for, not just 4 season

That bag does seem good value