Delkims or ntxr

I'm probs qualified to give an opinion here, I have both.

In terms of performance, the Delkims are better IMO. They are more sensitive, more adaptable..... basically if you want to know what's going on at the business end in any fishing situation the Delkims will tell you, if they're set up correctly.

BUT...... the reliability is utter, utter pants! In three years I've had to send mine back 3 times for repair due to water ingress. The first time the white one went wrong after heavy rain, it started beeping intermittently, the beeping got faster and faster until it was basically just giving me one constant run and wouldn't stop. I thought that it could have been my fault (maybe not closing the battery cover fully) so after repair I was very careful with my set.

One year later the same thing happened to my blue one, off it goes for repair. I'm disappointed but by this time I'm carrying a spare old Fox Micron M so it's not the end of the world. I'll give them one last chance.

This year the same thing happened to the red on. Now I've had enough. 500 quid and they're not waterproof. Time for a change. I got home and ordered the NTXr.

To rub salt into the wound, I've had my red one back from repair with a note saying I need to now send my receiver for a software update (I cannot now pair it up with the red alarm).

The Fox's are OK. They're not as sensitive as the Delks in every situation but the build quality is a million miles better. They feel invincible compared to the Delks. Do they go beep when a carp takes line? Yes - so 99% of the time they'll be fine.

I'm currently holding on to the repaired Delks to make sure I'm happy with the NTXr, then I'll sell them. At this point I'm happy with the NTXr.

Edited by yonny

I've got the older version of the TXI pluses and they've been fine for me (got them second hand too) in all conditions. Only sent one back because the Y bar was slightly damaged after fishing locked up to snags and a violent take, receiver went back because I damaged the battery connector when putting a new one in. Seem to be much better quality than the newer version

Had delks since they came out used all the range got the latest txis now about 5 years old not had any problems also got delkim evs for predator fishing teamed up with the Gardner deluxe receiver and dongles these have been good to if you do any predator fishing delkims are just about the only alarm that will work with an open bale arm. With so many fox and delkim units being sold you are always going to get some not up to scratch you have to put it in perspective there must be literally thousands of alarms out there I am sure if I only carp fished fox or Gardner's magnet roller alarms I would use I am sure you will be happy with any of the above. Just a thought if your alarms do go wrong once fox are out of warranty I am sure there's no repair service so you would need to buy new again with delkim and Gardner there is a fast and reliable repair and service option available which hopefully you won't have to use 😊,

I do think the crappy battery compartments are to blame with a lot of the water ingress problems used to put Vaseline round mine to seal them till the snag ears came out a much better fitting battery cover on those, Delkim should have really sorted that out especially on the txis costing so much my mates just brought some Gardner atts alarms which are very nice might be tempted myself lol very small and built like a tank he's retired his delkim txis for now as he fancied a change he isn't selling them either he hasn't had any problems with his apart from the vibration mode on his receiver playing up which delkim fixed in record time.

On 12 March 2017 at 20:25, will1962 said:

I do think the crappy battery compartments are to blame with a lot of the water ingress problems used to put Vaseline round mine to seal them till the snag ears came out a much better fitting battery cover on those, Delkim should have really sorted that out especially on the txis costing so much my mates just brought some Gardner atts alarms which are very nice might be tempted myself lol very small and built like a tank he's retired his delkim txis for now as he fancied a change he isn't selling them either he hasn't had any problems with his apart from the vibration mode on his receiver playing up which delkim fixed in record time.

I have always used Duracell batteries and not had any problems.

I have had Vonny's problem of water on the sensor, and managed to sort it instantly. Turn the alarm off, remove off stick or buzzer bar, blow the sensor clear, shake and repeat, back onto bar.

On the two occasions it has happened that has been an instant fix, and the Delkim alarms themselves I got back in 2000'ish are still going. I have had to have them repaired, but only when I numptied and left a battery in and the terminal corroded. Again both times, repaired within a week, even though the alarms themselves are that old.

Note I have Delkim ST's, paired with ATT receiver and dongles.