Delkim sensetivity

Hi, so I got another set of delkim some mk1 and while on the bank today I noticed that the left one isn't nearly as sensetive as the right one. I have to pull the bobbin pretty much to the rod to get any beeps. The when I got home I tested the sensetivity on my other rod which I think has like 10lb and the sensitivity was insanely good so much better than 15lb line. Now to me this seems silly as it shouldn't 've more sensitive depending on what thickness the line is. On the left the rod the sensitivity seems a lot better when I physically pull the line over the sensor. Anybody know what the problem is / what I'm doing wrong many thanks. I have attached a video so you know what I mean.

https://youtu.be/0Zk432SWff8

My delks mk1s are the same. But just looking at how you've set them the sensitivity is not the same on both alarms. The left hand looks set to a lower number than the right hand rod. I've found the tiniest adjustment can be the difference between sensitivity.

Also when you switch them on do you set them on HI or LOW? On HI your alarm will register the tiny knocks however on LOW it won't register them. I tend to have mine on LOW when it's windy or fishing over lots of particle and small fish are present. 

Hope that clarifies a few bits for you.  If everything is set the same and it's still a problem then maybe the Y bar is knackered. I had this problem and just sent off to delkim to get it replaced. Not costly at all. 

Hi, thanks for the help. Both alarms were set on plus and 6. The one thing I don't get is why they are so much more sensitive with some 10 or 12lb from another rod than they are are with my 15lb line from my carp rods it doesn't make any sense. I'm assuming the y bar is [censored]ed how much would it be to be replaced by delkim.

• 6 months later...