Delkim interference

I've had the two little droopy noises to indicate interference on the radio channel but I've just had a load of static through and it scares the life out of me. This is all on local channel as well so clearly someone with a strong radio signal is nearby.

Never happened on this lake before. Wondering if anyone has any tips to get it to shut up, apart from turning it off of course!! I can't have that static wake me up in the night. I'll have a heart attack!

Cheers guys,

Steve I'm not there, I'm up oundle way. However I'm fishing Grendon with a couple of mates next weekend. Wonder if it'll kick off then?

I would conclude it's my phone charging but it does it when it isn't charging so can't be that.

Maybe a cleaner air quality allows the signals from something to travel better and it's picking up my receiver I don't know. I'll change batteries and see if that makes a difference.

Only ever time it has happened to me, although I normally keep it on local because I hate waking up for the little bleeps caused by wind, etc on bigger pits. More intimate places like this I've had to put it on high as a bleep is hard to come by!

I would hazard a guess on one of the unlicensed bands. I would guess at 2.4GHz.

As it's an unlicensed frequency, there's very little they can do to stop the problem. Everything from microwaves and baby monitors to WiFi and Bluetooth use the 2.4GHz band. Basically anything wireless uses uses that band. The 5GHz band only got released recently.

Try turning off the WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone to see if it stops.

Also, modern components may be a lot better at picking up signals that those from 20 years ago making recent devices more sensitive to this sort of problem.

Yes the thread did help out a bit but mine is the old rx 2000 and most things mentioned are new tech.

Potentially the wifi on my phone caused it as I forgot to turn it off!! No wonder my battery went fast as well. My bad. Could be why it's never happened before as well as I always have it off.

Cheers guys.

Is the new delkim reciver digital shield.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hi David.

Not sure exactly what you mean by that. In a bite alarm/reciever, I'm not sure how you can shield against digital signals as opposed to analogue signals. TBH, most signals are analogue and it's the encoding of the data on a carrier wave that is digital. Everything ends up as analogue in transmission.

Ive just looked at the Delkim website and their alarms use the 433.05-434.79Mhz ISM (unlicensed) band.

I'm not sure what sources of interference would be in this range.

Edited by InteraX

Hi David.

Not sure exactly what you mean by that. In a bite alarm/reciever, I'm not sure how you can shield against digital signals as opposed to analogue signals. TBH, most signals are analogue and it's the encoding of the data on a carrier wave that is digital. Everything ends up as analogue in transmission.

Ive just looked at the Delkim website and their alarms use the 433.05-434.79Mhz ISM (unlicensed) band.

I'm not sure what sources of interference would be in this range.

Well i know theres a lot of things run on the 433mhz band

Ie the rfid (nfc) , some wireless kit . Weather stations, could go on all day. As this is the older mk1 i suspect its interference from a mobile phone nfc or wireless scanning.

Also on the 433mhz range (band) theres a limited amount of time you can broadcast a signal .

So in a nut shell without knowing what kit the op is carrying phones tablets car keyfob ect.

Where the gentleman is fishing . Ie near houses business park ect.

Cant solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk