Bite alarms

I've got Fox Micron MX+ alarms and for the price they are spot on. You can pick them up for just over thirty quid each and they have never let me down despite having been soaked at times. Delks are good but not £350.00 gooder

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

That's 100% true. I know the "are they worth it" conversation comes up from time to time. I've just sold my set of Fox MR+ alarms and bought delks. They are a luxury, and far from essential! I will say, that the sensitivity adjustment is nice. Used properly you can get a better idea of what's going on sub surface with them, but in real terms they don't get you more bites and if your setup is good you don't need alarms to be that sensitive. If anything they make up for mistakes or failings in your setup but they aren't nessesary. I wouldn't go back, but for me they were something to buy when I was happy with everything else and had a few quid spare. As a first set, or if you're on a budget, a ticket to a good lake or a freezer full of bait would be much better use of the money.

Any good deals people have seen lately ? looking for a decent set for a good price

I can always point you to what I use in Delkim ST's with the ATTx dongles and receiver, but that may be way out of budget at £80 + per buzzer then the ATTx system at whatever that costs now.

There are definitely cheaper options, and possibly one of the best could well be the TFG Dave Lane Magrunners, I think going for around £80 for 3 alarms and receiver.

As said, the adjustable sensitivity could well be a luxury, but I have found that with tight lines and semi-fixed leads that a single bleep at maximum sensitivity is worth investigation. With running leads and slack lines, any indicator should give proper notice, a decent run.

I also use my Delks for pike, roach, tench and bream fishing. While roach fishing earlier in the year, a single bleep lead to a number of fish.