Hi guys,

Am the returning coarse fisherman lol so far I have managed to break two rods, the tip of one (replaceable but the top of another and yes I know you get what you pay for! My question is can you recommend some rods that A) will not break the bank. B) are good for method and feeder fishing.And C) what test curve should i go for? Cheers, Derek

Edited by janderamy1

The best bit of advice I can give you is pop down your best local tackle dealer and go and pick a few up and get a feel for the rod, we have had several budget rod threads and all usually throw up a multitude of different answers and people have found one recommendation better than the other because it feels better for them  :)

Personally I can recommend both the Fox Warriors and Sonik Blacks as good budget rods, others have found the Shimano Tribals excellent value.

With regards to test curve I will leave it for the lads that fish the method feeder on a more regular basis, but im guessing that it will depend heavily on the sixe of feeders you intend to use

i would recommend the Fox Warriors in 2.5 TC if you can get them still, i have the Warrior S in 2.75 and i have used them constantly, almost weekly for over 8 years for feeder, method and ledger fishing with weights as low as 1oz up to 4oz with no loss of quality at all.

but then i am a cheapskate :lol: