Members Lakes in West Midlands ???

Hi guys,

Got back into Carp fishing last year after a 15 year break, usual story had kids and the missus and having a busy life stopped me fishing, now however I have a 14 year old son who is keen keen keen.

Took him out and about to a few local and not so local waters, mainly day ticket venue's last year and he really enjoyed it. 

We had some lilited success, annoyingly he beat me last year with his PB being 18lb mirror and mine being a 15lb common... 

I have now managed to accumilate all the required elements for us to go off and fish overnight, new bivvy, couple of bedchairs etc etc..

I can't quite afford to join the two main known syndicate waters around here as they want £300 plus to join and I need somewhere that is friendly to the idea of my lad fishing with me too.

Essentially i'm either looking for a water with night fishing that's not over fished, or preferebly a members lake that's not ridiculously priced, not after massive fish just somewhere with a decent chance of a 20lber would do us fine for now whilst we build up our confidence and experience. Happy to travel a reasonable distance from m42 J2, obviously that gives me easy access to m5, m6, m40 ,m42 so anywhere with say 40-50 miles is ok with me.

Sorry it's a bit of a rambling thread but i'm quite new to forums...

Any help would be gratefully recieved...

Cheers

Bri

heya Bri, welcome to the words largest depository of piscean knowledge my man.

you have made it, you are home :lol:

just two to start you off, of the two i would recommend the bowl to start as it has plenty of variety and the white bishops lake is ideal for a beginner.

i do believe that since my last visit the owner has opened a few more pools called the greenhill complex that even when it was just a flooded quarry had some monsters in, i used to go for a walk round as there was no rods allowed at the time and you could just look down the steep banks at the fish and drool :lol:

http://bishopsbowlfishery.co.uk/

http://www.doglanefishery.co.uk/fishing.html

Hey Cyborx,

Thanks for that, certainly interested in Doglane looks decent, already fished Bishops Bowl once last year, my pal had 3 fish towards the end of the day all 20lb plus, found it tough going myself as the water seemed mega deep.

Plus when we arrived we got told we couldn;t fish the lake we wanted to as all pegs were taken (Mitre Pool) so we went arounbd the complex to look at the other lakes and I have to be honest I was caked in mud by the time we'd had a look around and was not happy taking the drive around the very rough tracks to the other lakes. Bit of a messy place if i'm honest. Mitre Pool is cracking though which was the oriignal water we wanted to fish and in the end after wasting 60 mins walking around we found two pegs that were free so we fished it anyway lol.   Lovely fish my pal had though. My lad caught a cracking tench too.

I'll give the Doglane venue a go though and report back as to how we get on, cheers for the tips mate.

Regards

Brian

Hey Cyborx,

Thanks for that, certainly interested in Doglane looks decent, already fished Bishops Bowl once last year, my pal had 3 fish towards the end of the day all 20lb plus, found it tough going myself as the water seemed mega deep.

Plus when we arrived we got told we couldn;t fish the lake we wanted to as all pegs were taken (Mitre Pool) so we went arounbd the complex to look at the other lakes and I have to be honest I was caked in mud by the time we'd had a look around and was not happy taking the drive around the very rough tracks to the other lakes. Bit of a messy place if i'm honest. Mitre Pool is cracking though which was the oriignal water we wanted to fish and in the end after wasting 60 mins walking around we found two pegs that were free so we fished it anyway lol.   Lovely fish my pal had though. My lad caught a cracking tench too.

I'll give the Doglane venue a go though and report back as to how we get on, cheers for the tips mate.

Regards

Brian

just an indicator, this beauty came out of Grebe at dog lane in 2007 at 29lb 0oz, be nice to know if it is still in there :lol:

my apologies to my buddy stan for posting his ugly mug on a forum and scaring the locals :wink:

1074747_1394989544054112_1764554129_o_zp

Edited by cyborx

Club waters with night fishing in this part of the midlands are as rare as hens teeth, that's coventry and warwick, Dog lane is nice but it has limited space and gets very busy, plus at 20 quid per night, regular trips would soon add up. some very nice mirror carp in there though.

Napton reservoir has some night fishing, not sure on prices?

Value for money and onsite facilities and ease to get around, you can't beat barston.... always room for one more. 

• 1 month later...

Well, it took me a few weeks to get down there but I have to say we had a great 24 hours at Dog Lane Fishery, my son landed a cracking 15lb gold bar common within 20 minutes of having his rods in the drink.

I found the first 12 hours tough going but got going in the afternoon with 3 fish in total, starting with a lovely 18lb common, followed quickly with a PB 23lb 10oz mirror from the margins, and finished with a cracking looking ghosty at 16lb odd..

Lovely place with huge roomy swims, friendly people round the banks, can't wait to get back down there and try for a few more.

Cheers for the tip off's

Bri & son