Hooklengh debate?

ianson75

Hi,

I debate a work has led me to think i maybe a little naive when it comes to hook lengths.

I only use korda IQ the stiff and the soft stuff for my hook links, with either the wide gape or longshanks.

A mate at work reckons I should get some mantis or braid; try to be different and not so one dimensional.

My theory is, if the hook length is translucent, why would I need to use braid or any other hook lenghs?

What is everyone else using or can anyone recommend?

If i am honest i use mainly coated hook lenghts but this is what i am confident in using. This may be one dimentional but i think it all comes down to what you have confidence in and it is better to become a master of one than a novice of many. I do sometimes try something a bit different but it all depends of what i am trying to achive.

If i am honest i use mainly coated hook lenghts but this is what i am confident in using. This may be one dimentional but i think it all comes down to what you have confidence in and it is better to become a master of one than a novice of many.

That is spot on advice. I could never use just plain IQ all the way from loop to hook, i dont think it turns easy enough. Get on a coated hooklink with the last inch near your hook stripped off and i reckon your catch rate will improve.